Tuesday night is GIRLS NIGHT, DON'T FORGET!!!!!!!

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Postby Phil » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:08 pm

Hardtrack-Billb-Graeme & Douglas I'll need to chat to you tonight instead-Are you there reading the ladies forum :twisted: :?:
Red shoes
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby Phil » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:15 pm

Date stamp I'll check in a later later- Are you having problems getting Eilidh to bed tonight? I'm going to do a bit of card making my father has a big birthday next month and a couple of friends have asked for wedding cards and new baby cards- there seems to be an awful lot of births at the moment :twisted: Must have something to do with 9 months after new years eve syndrome :twisted: 3 boys & 2 girls in the last 2 weeks!!

Am I on the right forum? I'm now sulking & feel totally rejected! I was looking forward to the book review But...... :(

I'll look in a little later but I don't think I'll be able to come back on until the weekend or possibly next Tuesday!! I'll get Phil to look out for some feedback during the week.

Red shoes
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby Date stamp » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:49 pm

Hi

Surprisingly Eilidh went down really easily- I started reading the Dan Brown "Angels and Demons". I have read the "Da Vinci Code" which I enjoyed although it can see it was written to be turnbed into a movie. I decided that I would read his first book( which it turns out to be exactly like Da Vinci Code).

Fi - I read "PS I Love You" over the weekend. Oh God I was in tears in places - loved the ending which I won't give away.

Glad you enjoyed "The Curious Incident..." it's such a valuable book to read. There's another by Jack Gantos called "Joey Pigza swallowed the key". I think Joey has ADHD. As a school librarian I have found that children's fiction can be totally amazing- I'm not talking about the "Mary Kate and Ashley' rubbish or that trash that Julie Birchill has just written. David Almond writes very spiritual books, while Melvin Burgess, although writing to shock, has some challenging ideas.

Can't offer you a wine to try although I seem to have consumed enough this weekend.
Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. ;-)
"Charlotte Whitton"
Date stamp

Postby Hardtrack » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:22 am

Just noticed...Happy Birthday Douglas...........94 eh :wink: :P
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby inddigo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:30 am

Just noticed...Happy Birthday Douglas...........94 eh

is that 94 AGAIN ???? :lol:

Andy

Happy Birthday Douglas ;)
Andy and Jo
Zoomette '96 Eunos VR Ltd 1.8
Zoom II '03 MX-5 Supreme Blue 1.8 Sport gone to...
Zoom '94 MX-5 BRG 1.8 Sport - Now gone....
inddigo

Postby Fee » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:59 pm

OH MY GOD! I totally forgot yesterdy was Tuesday, aaaaahhhhh.

So sorry Red Shoes, I could have been on chatting instead of getting a numb bum in front of the telly.

Belated Happy Birthday Douglas. Hip hip hooray! Send us a bit of cake, will you?

I have just finished another book called Lost Souls by Michael Collins. It was ok, not the best book ever, but a good enough read.

Synopsis:
"The body of a small girl, dressed as an angel, is discovered late one night in a pile of autumn leaves at the side of the road. At first it looks like a hit and run - after all, it's Halloween night and the streets have been full of children trick-or-treating. But how did a 3 year old come to be out alone at such a late hour? Lawrence, the policeman sent to investigate, is under increasing pressure when it comes clear that the chief suspect is the town's star quarterback. In the ensuring cover-up, Lawrence finds himself a pawn in the power games between the local mayor, the suspect's family, and an investigaor with personal scores to settle"

I am now going to start Ricky Tomlinson's autobiography - will keep you posted.

Fi
Mk3 2 litre Sport Brilliant Black
Mk 2.5 Crystal Blue - Gone But Not Forgotten
OC 12837
Fee

Postby Fee » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:01 pm

Date Stamp - I'm glad you enjoyed PS, I Love You. I was in tears by page 35, and was in hospital at the time, so had to hold off reading it until I got home so that I could have a good old bubble to myself without others wondering what the hell was wrong with me!!

Fi
OC 12837
Fee

Postby Hardtrack » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:34 pm

You just love them slushy books eh :cry: :lol:
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Fee » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:07 pm

Oh, there's nothing like a good old weepy. :cry:

Here's another topic for us, what's your favourite film of all time?

Mine is Steel Magnolias, I just cry and cry and cry every time. Oh, and I LOVE Dolly Parton, what a woman, she is just fabby.

I'm a bit of a country girl at heart, love Dolly and Emmylou Harris. Nothing better than having a bit of Dolly in the cd player and singing away good style on the open country roads around my folks caravan near Lochgilphead. Yee ha!

Mmmmm, lasagne and chips for tea tonight :D :D . (and no, before anyone asks, it's not home made, well the chips are but not the lasagne - it's Tesco's Finest!)

Fi
x
OC 12837
Fee

Postby Hardtrack » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:15 pm

I'm not really a tv person :( ......and you a Dolly Parton fan,loads of men are too :shock: :lol:,now back to films 8)....must be a boring (_|_) i just watch documentaries and the discovery channels if and when i watch...i'll get back to you on the films :D ......think i'm having home made lasagne :x,this should be a laugh :oops: :roll:
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby graeme » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:47 pm

Well, if we're talking films AND documentaries, my vote goes to "Cool & Crazy" a Norwegian film with English subtitles which follows the exploits of a Norwegian Male Voice Choir. A film I was dragged to see and ended up buying on DVD :roll: A bigger bunch of reprobates you couldn't wish to meet, including an ex drug addict who was put on a plane by his girlfriend to go back to this tiny town (she wouldn't give him his dole money until he was on the plane). He still gets his washing and ironing done by his ex wife and food parcels from the ex girlfriend. One of the members of the choir at 85 years old gets taken by car to the choir practice by his brother aged 92! A very scary driving sequence.

Other favourites are Mon Pere Ce Heros about a 14 year old girl who gets her dad to prtend he's a gangster at the beach so she looks cool. Starring Gerard Depardieu and not to be confused with the truly appalling Disney remake (My father the Hero).

Les Visiteurs with Jean Reno about a Knight who gets the wrong side of a witch and ends up in 1984. Not to be confused with the appalling, etc etc.
graeme

Postby Phil » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:51 pm

EH, :shock: :lol: :? :( :oops:
Phil

Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby graeme » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:55 pm

Total Recall was OK too, but doesn't sound as impressive :lol:
graeme

Postby Hardtrack » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:00 pm

Thats the Arnie film about mars ? think i saw that :D
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Phil » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:15 pm

How about the 'Sound of Music' 8)
Phil

Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby Fee » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:19 pm

I love The Sound of Music!!!! Anyone been to a Singalong a Sound of Music? I have, went dressed as Do a Dear :D (dressed all in brown with some furry brown antlers left over from Christmas) It was a great night, although I had just got my belly button pierced that day and was in pain most of the night from sitting, ha ha, no sympathy though, my own bl**dy fault.

Now if we're talking subtitles, how about Life Is Beautiful (cry like a baby again), Betty Blue, Amelie, The Ring (not the american version which is cr*p).

I was always put off my subtitles, but hubby made me watch Betty Blue and I was surprised at how quickly you forget about the subs, even though you are reading them.

Fi

PS - the Lasagne was great, how was yours H?
OC 12837
Fee

Postby Si » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:06 am

Fi wrote:I was always put off my subtitles, but hubby made me watch Betty Blue and I was surprised at how quickly you forget about the subs, even though you are reading them.

I've seen Betty Blue ...... although I doubt it was the version you saw :lol:

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby Phil » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:09 am

And what version would that be. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Phil

Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby inddigo » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:21 am

Phil thats sick..... :shock:
and Si your just an old perv... :lol:
Andy and Jo
Zoomette '96 Eunos VR Ltd 1.8
Zoom II '03 MX-5 Supreme Blue 1.8 Sport gone to...
Zoom '94 MX-5 BRG 1.8 Sport - Now gone....
inddigo

Postby Phil » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:08 pm

I'm sick, :shock: :? I didn't start this topic or mention the film. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Phil

Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat