Tuesday night is GIRLS NIGHT, DON'T FORGET!!!!!!!

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Postby Phil » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:09 pm

Hi Fi

We haven't met but I am glad to hear that all is well and that you are heading towards a complete recovery. I missed Tuesday night but his week has flown by sooo quickly that it is now Thursday before I have had time to spare. :wink: Phil is away in Tyneside and I have had all week to access the computer BUT.... I thought I should at least submit something before his return tomorrow. :wink:

Date stamp - I have had trouble getting the books suggested that's the problem with living in a place like Largs sometimes but I must say I fancy the one suggested by Fi- I'll try to get it this week. :? I am currently reading Shopaholic and Sister- it is the fourth in a series but I must say I think they are stretching a good story line too far. The first 2 bookswere great especially when I can relate to a friend who has the same problems(she enjoyed the books as well-bought all 3 at the same time!) buys 2 of everything because she can never decide which one to take, then she hides the goods until later and also hides the bills! Mind you I don't have that problem, shopping at Nine West, Phil doesn't want to see the bills. :wink:

Graeme - I'm sure that your daughter will smell sweet at any time, especially when you can start saving up to buy her Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss, Estee Lauder etc :(

I've just realised that I have logged on in Phil's name so don't let him know that I have been talking about perfume,shopping etc using his log in :twisted:
Regards to all- Hopefully I'll be here again on Tuesday!!!
Redshoes
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby inddigo » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:39 am

Dear Jim,
Thank you for your reply, a couple of things though:

obviously something is lacking or missing in your life,my advice to you is have an affair ....and this will fill the gap that is missing

Hmmm think Jo might have a few things to say about that :shock:

a fine looking lad like yourself ................i am joking you know!

Damn and i thought you were serious :lol:

Cheers,

Anonymoose 8)
Andy and Jo
Zoomette '96 Eunos VR Ltd 1.8
Zoom II '03 MX-5 Supreme Blue 1.8 Sport gone to...
Zoom '94 MX-5 BRG 1.8 Sport - Now gone....
inddigo

Postby Hardtrack » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:37 am

:lol: :lol:
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Red Shoes » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:39 pm

Hi

I have the right night this week. :shock:

Data stamp - I now have my copy of The Curious Incident, had a little difficulty. I didn't realise how popular it was. I ended up with a friend getting it for me in another town. I am going to start it tonight-in fact if no one else joins the chat I think I will have an early night.

Fi- We have decided to review this book later on in Sept if you currently have the time and fancy a good read that is if you haven't already started it. Nevada Blue was supposed to suggest a wine to review as well but she is currently galavanting off on holiday :roll:

It is very stormy over here on the West Coast, there is a new slant on the term 'sea-washed' turf. The main road is only passible with due care and the sea is coming up and over the shore :cry: I haven't been able to do much shopping but I'll make up for it next weekend :wink:
You can never have too many pairs of shoes. 8)
Red Shoes

Postby BillB » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:50 pm

Hi ladies, this is Bill (and no, before any comments come flooding in, I aint no lady). I like this idea of chatting on a forum, but why don't you set up some MSN messenger ID's and have your own on-line (realtime) conference room chats, totally private, and everyone can see who is there (and also bar male intrussion). Just a suggestion.
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby Red Shoes » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:50 pm

Heather, Dot, Wormy Wellies & Sparkly where are you all :?:

What happened to Tuesday nights is girls night :?:

Its the only chance I have to gain access to the computer :!: That is with a good excuse :shock:

Not just Phil but our daughter loves MSN and would spend all night chatting to friends around the world :twisted: At least on a Tuesdays I've persuaded her to do other things (like tidy her room and other boring chores) whilst I'm using the technology and Phil is out :idea:
You can never have too many pairs of shoes. 8)
Red Shoes

Postby graeme » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:03 pm

Hi

Just got Eilidh down and am watching "Too Posh To Wash" - flabbergasted how someone so young can let herself go so badly.

When are we going to review the Curious incident? Next week will be our fourth Tuesday night.

I really love how this strand of the forum is developing.
graeme

Postby graeme » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:04 pm

ooops just realised that Graeme hadn't logged out. Will log in as Date Stamp
graeme

Postby sparkly » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:38 am

Bill,
I guess we know any of us could do private online conferencing any time, but that all of us don't always have time on the same night, so doing that would mean those of us who weren't there would miss out completely - like, I was around early Tue evening, but then offski, couldn't sit and wait by a chatroom all evening, am more likely to do a quick couple of posts at any point over the day/evening then catch up with replies first thing in the morning. At least if the conversation is up on the open board, anyone can contribute any time, and it means you laddies are not entirely excluded when you've got something worth saying of course :twisted: , as that comment definitely was :lol: And just think if Date Stamp logged into a private ladies conference as Graeme by accident, she'd get booted straight off again :lol:
Liz (u-oh, it's Wednesday - but if we keep it up all week this time, the name can change to EVERY night is Girl's Night, yeah 8)
sparkly

Postby Fee » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:31 am

Hi girls, sorry I missed last night.

I was out for my dinner with some girlfriends and totally exhausted myself, hubby had to practically carry me up the stairs! So needless to say I went straight to bed at 9.30pm. I can't believe I got so tired after just sitting at a table for a couple of hours! Oh boy, got a long way to go yet me thinks :(

I've just finished PS I Love You which was great and I am going to start the Curious Incident today, hopefully I should get through it quite quickly.

As for a suitable wine to go with the book, anything that's on special in Tesco will do me as long at it's red :D :D :D

Fi
x
Fee

Postby sparkly » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:14 pm

Hi Fi,

Take care :) Can recommend Tesco's Simply Tempranillo in that case, only about 3quid a bottle, so good we bought 6 tho u *can* buy just one! Alternatively if you have a Majestic warehouse and can buy a mixed case of 12, Cuvee de Richard from the pays de l'Aude works out at LESS than 3quid a bottle and is fantastic(!), don't take my word for it :wink: recommended by the Herald wine guy as one of his favourites. However right now you might be better to take it easy and just pass that glass under your nose from time to time and sniff the bouquet(!) rather than actually drink it :wink: Alternatively still, you can get a delicious cranberry/blackberry or cranberry tropical juice from Tesco - all kinds of red to choose from there :)

Liz
sparkly

Postby Fee » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:27 pm

I'm not very well up on my wines, but I do like what we call Daphney's Cellar, otherwise known as Cellier Des Dophains (something like that anyway, it comes in a wee stubby bottle).

I started The Curious Incident today and am loving the way it is written, won't be long before I'm finished it that's for sure.

Fi
Fee

Postby sparkly » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:30 am

Hi Fi,
Will look out for 'Daphne's Special' :) Curious Incident was amazing and lent it appropriately to a friend with an autistic/Aspergers son in Largs - am going to get it back from her on Friday I think, so will re-read as can never remember the details, just get lost in books at the time :lol:
Yeah so saying, and having suggested talking all week, I'm away now til Wed night so u can get a well-earned rest from sparkly .. :lol: Sheila look out for a blue Freelander in your neck of the woods as we pass thru Fri am! Fi, and everyone, have a good week.

Liz
sparkly

Postby Fee » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:17 pm

I LOVED Curious Incident - read it in a day!! Don't think I have ever done that before. As it's technically a kids book, it's very easy to read, I just couldn't put it down. Might even read it again too. Now onto Pamela Stephenson's "Living With Billy" book, not so keen on it, she uses BIG words all the time that I have no idea what they mean, ha ha.

Fi
Mk3 2 litre Sport Brilliant Black
Mk 2.5 Crystal Blue - Gone But Not Forgotten
OC 12837
Fee

Postby Hardtrack » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:30 pm

I think she's now a shrink or psychologist or something like that....so maybe well educated and talks with marbles in her mouth :roll:.........don't you just hate peoples put on accents :x ....don't know about you but i can see through false people in a flash.......................anyway back to books :P....don't have much time to read anymore :( and i never read fiction anyway :?.Went through a stage of reading autobiography's last year,and basically read any whether i was interested or not :? Frank Skinner,Keith Richards :shock: Marylin Manson( i hate his music!) and Chuck Berry :?...actually his was quite good ,lol .Can't recommend a good read apart from the loo's in some service stations ,lol............anyway glad to see your on the mend and hopefully you'll be burning oi, i mean rubber at the next run :D :D
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Fee » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:27 pm

What do you do to earn petrol pennies Jim?

Fi
Fee

Postby Hardtrack » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:44 pm

Well it isn't anything to do with whats written on public toilet walls :shock:..........by trade ...mechanical fitter, by nature ,who knows :lol:, i used to work in my mates garage at night for yeeeears doing write offs and selling them,all above board :P ..i have my finger in a few pies to earn petrol pennies......omg i take that back :shock: .......not a freudian slip! :o :o
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Phil » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:47 pm

Hi
Im alais Phil tonight-having a problem with my log-in(obviously using the wrong passwaord) :?
First things first........HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUGLAS :D :D :D :D :D :D SING IN TUNE EVERYONE :lol: Next year it will be a good bottle of wine and a party we hope!!
Well, I've finished Curious Incident and it was a really good read. I couldn't say that I enjoyed it-it was brilliantly written. I have a friend with a son with Aspbergers syndrome and I found it all very thought provoking. I even found myself doing his calculations for him! And the theme regarding the prime numbers carried me throughout.
Fi-you were right about it being a quick read. Saturday morning in bed with an endless supply of tea was my idea for the weekend break. I was surprised at how quick I read it-I couldn't put it down and found I was laughing out loud at times.
Sheila
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby Phil » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:01 pm

I've walked the dog and back home again :o Anyone there for a Tuesday night chat-Book Review Night tonight-Curious Incident if you were able to read a copy. I've ended up drinking my 'normal' red wine-fed up waiting for a suggestion-unfortunately I don't have a Tesco's locally but I will try something from your Tesco list next week. I'm still looking locally for the "dumpy little bottle".
Douglas I have bought your suggestion but I'll need to wait until the weekend especailly when I have work the next day (I think it might be just a little too strong for a novice) :oops: :twisted:
Phil

Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby Phil » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:06 pm

Date stamp-Nevada Blue-Heather-wormy wellies-sparkly-Fi-Liz / Where are you all :?:
Red Shoes :D
Phil

Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat