Tuesday night is GIRLS NIGHT, DON'T FORGET!!!!!!!

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Postby graeme » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:46 pm

Agree about Life is Beautiful. Fantastic riff-based soundtrack too. Hummed it all the way home. Didn't cry. Nope. Not a bit. Got something in my eye obviously, but I didn't cry. :oops:

Any girls in this forum? :lol:
graeme

Postby Si » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:05 pm

Phil wrote:I'm sick, :shock:

I'm so glad you can finally admit this!!! Must've taken a lot of courage!!!

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby Hardtrack » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:41 pm

the Lasagne was great, how was yours H?

I had 2 mouthfuls of it,and fell out over some triviality :shock: ,so i can't really comment on how it was :?,left my dinnerplate on the couch ,walked out and turned phone off,it's still off :oops: ........so i'm having a nice quiet night by the pc..woman :x :x :x :x :x
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

birthday

Postby CharlesK » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:08 pm

just got back to NZ and computers to find that you have had a nother birthday Douglas so belated birthday greetings from heather and me.
Is the big drink next year associated with a bus pass hence the old gits club?

Happy belated birthday wishes
Chic and Heather
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Phil » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:54 pm

Steady on, :shock: when I said that Douglas had a big bithday next year it had nothing to do with bus passes :shock:

Douglas is just a young chap, Can't even join 'Terry Wogans' TOG club yet. 8)
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby DouglasH » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:10 am

Now now Chic that's not very nice, :( while you were away I could have diverted some of the attention away from my birthday, by pointing out that you had reached an important landmark in your life only two weeks ago, :lol: but I didn't did I :twisted: ..I'm not that kind of person, eh Tog, by the way your Mazda double din radio will automatically re tune to 105.2 whenever you reach Harthill Services on the M8. :wink:
DouglasH

Postby wormy wellies » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:31 am

Hi all,

Just back from a week in the Lake District, we had a very good time with lots of of walking, reading, good food and wine (not sure in which order though) :?

We had a very busy fortnight before we went away hence not being on line very often :(

It's very good to hear you're doing so well Fi :D

I'm losing track of time but I think it was 3 weeks ago last night that our 17 year old son Richard was attacked while walking home from the pictures with his girlfriend. He was stopped by 4 lads, knocked to the ground and kicked about the head and face, luckily 2 cars stopped to help him and the lads ran off. The result a broken nose, 2 black eyes and in the doctors words a lumpy head!

For those who know Dundee this happened on the main Coupar Angus Road, just past the old Levi factory.

Ninewells hospital on a Saturday night / Sunday morning is a very unpleasant place, not full of RTA's but of young girls full of drink and either tearful or being abusive, a real eye opener.

Last Saturday our daughter Abi (Richards twin) went off to University, Heriot Watts. This seemed in itself a mini bereavement :cry:
But she seems to have taken to it wonderfully well, we have had phone calls and texts all week telling us (some) of what shes been getting up to :shock: Monday nights entertainment was an Hypnotist and Abi was chosen to go on stage, she was told she was Little Bo Peep and had lost her sheep, seemingly she had to be removed from the boys toilets by a bouncer whilst looking for them :shock:

On the subject of books I have just finished Brick Lane and would really recommend it, I started "P S I love you" yesterday and I'm already half way through - very good. The Curious Dog book I read a few month ago and have passed it round and I know that 3 of my children have enjoyed it. I still think some of you should try Nigel Slater , "Food" - it's one of the funniest books i've read in a long time :lol: :lol:

Will try to hard to make Tuesday night this week :D :D :D
in wine is truth
wormy wellies

Postby Fee » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:02 pm

Nice to see you Wormy, glad the break was good.

What an awful story about your son, I hope he is not too shaken by this. My hubby was jumped a few years ago at tea time in Glasgow leaving Central Station, there were about seven on them, one punched Craig and then they ran off laughing. Craig couldn't believe what had happened, but thankfully he wasn't seriously injured, but it did leave him shaken for a long time and also contributed to depression for a good few months. Encourage your son to go out and about again as normal and not get bogged down with it, I'm sure that was half of Craig's problem, and at times he couldn't bear to leave the house.

As for your daughter, I bet she's not telling you half of it, freshers week and all!!! Glad she is settling in though, it can't be easy if you have never been away from the nest.

Fi
Fee

Postby Hardtrack » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:39 am

I got lifted once outside Central station :shock: ,actually 3 of us did :x ....was the kinda opposite of what happened to Craig......i so hate mouthy footy supporters :oops:,but i was only about 18ish at the time :twisted:
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Red Shoes » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:09 pm

HELLO, it's Tuesday, is anybody there. :?
You can never have too many pairs of shoes. 8)
Red Shoes

Postby Date stamp » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:42 pm

Sorry to hear about Richard- that must have been a horrible experience for you all. Isn't it totally disgusting that there you are minding your own business and some thuggish louts do that to you.
Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. ;-)
"Charlotte Whitton"
Date stamp

Postby Date stamp » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:53 pm

Hi Red Shoes

I am here although for how long I can't say. Eilidh has had several nights* where sleep seems to have been a five letter word so as a consequence I am totally shatterered. Isn't it strange.. I had months of disturbed sleep-yet could cope, she then started sleeping though the night and the flags went up and now this last week we have been disturbed again it feels like being punched in the solar plexis.

Oh we found a great bottle of wine from Tesco at less than ?4 a bottle..it's a Rioja Tinto called Vina Mara. Would recommend although open the bottle some time before you want it ..it really benefits. Didn't you know of a supplier of really good Red German wine at some silly price!

*including Saturday when she woke at 11pm and didn't settle until 3am.. out of sorts on Sunday nope not me.
Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. ;-)
"Charlotte Whitton"
Date stamp

Postby kristoff » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:34 pm

Evening girlies,

Sorry to hear about your young 'un Wormy, I'm afraid it's an all too common occurence here in Dundee but at least he was in good hands in Ninewells.

On the subject of Ninewells, my other half is off up there next Tuesday for a big op and she is looking for ideas for any good reading matter to make the days in bed seem not so long. I noticed there have been a few recommendations in this thread and I shall point her in this direction.

Chris
Gerr on t'internet.
kristoff

Postby Fee » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:48 pm

Hi Chris, can defo recomend the books as I posted above.

Your other half might find that she can't concentrate on reading for some time, I know I couldn't for at least four days after my recent major surgery.

I was really grateful of the word finder puzzle books that my hubby brought me, don't need to concentrate at all and you can put them down at any time and not wonder where you left off. Also my personal CD player was a godsend, oh and ear plugs - those hospitals are damn noisy places, and I also took an eye mask to blank out the horrific fluorescent lights during the day when wanting a kip. Hee hee, I've just read over that - think I should publish a book called Hospital Tips!

Fi
Mk3 2 litre Sport Brilliant Black
Mk 2.5 Crystal Blue - Gone But Not Forgotten
OC 12837
Fee

Postby kristoff » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:54 pm

Thanks for that Fi. I might buy her an MP3 player to cheer her up, the kids have dowloaded loads of tracks so I can fill it up for her.

She also has an eye mask 8) in the naughty drawer I think :twisted:

Lol
Gerr on t'internet.
kristoff

Where are you

Postby Phil » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:06 pm

Red Shoes is asking where everybody is :? Been reading the books but nobody to discuss them with. :(
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby BillB » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:40 pm

Nevada Blue is suffering from withdrawal symptoms for sun, sand, Greek food and house red wine. I am sure that when she has a Metaxa or two she will be ok.
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby Fee » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:40 am

I was catching up on the last three episodes of The Farm as I was away again this weekend, sorry.

Fi
Mk3 2 litre Sport Brilliant Black
Mk 2.5 Crystal Blue - Gone But Not Forgotten
OC 12837
Fee

Previous

Return to General Chat