Tuesday night is GIRLS NIGHT, DON'T FORGET!!!!!!!

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Tuesday night is GIRLS NIGHT, DON'T FORGET!!!!!!!

Postby Nevada Blue » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:20 pm

Hi to all BBQ babes!

I hope you are all ready for the launch of our Tuesday evening get together on the forum. :lol:
Red wine tastes better when supped from a goldfish bowl sized glass
Nevada Blue

Girls night

Postby CharlesK » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:28 pm

obviously too much wine in those goldfish bowls when you arranged this on saturday - girls night on an mx5 forum- stick to the knitting and try the womens rural institute site
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Date stamp » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:46 pm

Nice to know that you are in touch with your feminine side :wink:

Look forward to Tuesday.
Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. ;-)
"Charlotte Whitton"
Date stamp

Postby Red Shoes » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:57 pm

Would rather go shopping than knitting with the Womens Institute. :lol:
You can never have too many pairs of shoes. 8)
Red Shoes

Postby Nevada Blue » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:15 pm

Done the WRVS found it to be the most boring thing on earth - who wants to knit, sew, make scones etc. Shopping is definitely the better option.

Anyway down to more serious things - the main subject of the launch of the ladies night is my forthcoming mother of the bride outfit. Need some help girls. Bridesmaids are going to be in red/terracotaish!! Mother of the groom has her outfit and it is CREAM (my poor daughter). All of you BBQ ladies will understand this subject as it has been prediscussed.
Nevada Blue

Postby Date stamp » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:28 pm

That's a difficult one. There is obviously a theme going on .. red/terrracota/cream so you turning up in say lilac it will be really off. What are the "in" colours this winter season. Isn't cream a bit of a mistake surely you stay clear at a wedding
Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. ;-)
"Charlotte Whitton"
Date stamp

Hi Girls

Postby DOTDOT » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:41 pm

Hello Girls

How about a Nevada blue frock!!! Then it would match your car!
Has everyone dried out after the weekend (from Saturday night and Sundays rain!!!)
It has been very sunny today why could we not have had that on Sunday!
Oops how boring talking about the weather!! :shock:
Dot

God may have created man before woman but there is
always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
DOTDOT

Postby Date stamp » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:21 pm

Hi

I left Callander early on Sunday.. about 3 miles down the road it was sunny. Windy but sunny.

Dot dot loved your signature.. I spent last night pouring over the Dictionary of Quotations. Did find something that made me laugh out loud by Dorothy Parker.... Your can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think. Still tickled by that.

Nevade Blue given you outfit some serious thinking ..what about Burgandy
"Charlotte Whitton"
Date stamp

Postby Nevada Blue » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:24 pm

For those of you who may be wondering what on earth is going on here I will let you know how this has all come about:

During the Callander Classics weekend the girls who attended thought it would be a good idea to give the ladies a chance to have a chat about whatever they fancied (this. of course, being decided when much red/white wine was flowing at the BBQ).

Men/car stuff is a bit boring so we thought we could discuss more interesting things.

Cream is definitely not the colour to wear (as mother of the groom) bride could be a little upset! What are your thoughts??

Linda
Nevada Blue

Postby Red Shoes » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:47 pm

Hi, Just in from walking the dog and I see that you were all prompt off the mark and ready to "burgundy".

Cream is definitely not Good for the mother of the groom----big mistake!!! :shock:

Linda peach going toward terracotta might be a good choice for you but remember to take along samples of the bridesmaids dresses,you don't want to make the cream blunder!!. Think wedding photographs and you could even compliment the mother of the groom with a beautiful shade as suggested (plus a hat!!)

Sheila
Red Shoes

Postby Date stamp » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:58 pm

Peach would be lovely but is it the wrong time of year. It is a winter wedding. What am I talking about ..we married in December and our bridesmaids were in peach- looked lovely in the pictures against the green of the Christmas tree.
"Charlotte Whitton"
Date stamp

Postby wormy wellies » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:13 pm

Hi!

Horrendous evening as usual - grandson deposited for the night, daughter's boyfriend arrived unfed but, hey, I'm here now full of home made sweet and sour pork balls and 2 glasses of red wine - no change there then!
I'd like to thank Richard and Eileen for a great night and really good to meet Graham, Christine and adorable daughter at last!
Fancy us girls getting in a taxi with no money - he he - who did pay? Linda, have thought lots about colour and feel Lavander would be right -really pretty, femine and floaty - what do you think?
wormy wellies

Postby Date stamp » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:35 pm

Nice ID, but twin turbo was better :wink:
"Charlotte Whitton"
Date stamp

Postby Red Shoes » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:46 pm

Sorry, can't take the comments regarding peach to terracotta!! Liliac/lavender sooooo spring summer!

What is the actual date Linda?

If you are going autumn into winter the terracotta bridesmaids are really autumny therefore you need to compliment the bridesmaids colours and not contrast them. Green and these colours go lovely together, very seasonal THINK OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS!
Red Shoes

Postby Red Shoes » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:53 pm

Date Stamp: I was thinking that it might be a good idea to review a book, once a month say. If you could suggest something we could all read it and give it our views on the last Tuesday of the following month. What do you think?

Neveda blue: Even better Linda you could suggest a good bottle of wine and we could taste it for a month and then give our comments- hic! hic!
:lol:

Anyone got any other ideas for future discussions? :?: All ideas gratefully considered.
Red Shoes

Postby Date stamp » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:01 pm

What a fantastic idea... both to the wine and the book. Combining two of my favourite activities.

Can I suggest Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold or The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night by Mark Hadden (I think) both really great reads. The "Curious Incident" is a children's book (but one of those cross over books which can be found in the adult fiction section of bookshops)
"Charlotte Whitton"
Date stamp

Postby Nevada Blue » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:28 pm

This may sound odd but I have just been speaking to the bride to be (my lovely daughter) and she has told me that there will be deep pink in the bouquets so thought fuschia/deep pink outfit might just do it for me as I am definietly a pink person (not Barbie pink). :lol:

You all might think fuschia pink an odd colour to go with the redish colour but she assures me it looks great and she should know as she actually does flowers for other peoples weddings (if anyone interested look up http://www.posingpetals.com).

I am not in to green or peach so that narrows it down a little. I will be taking along a swatch of fabric so that I do not make a dreadful mistake!!

Linda
Nevada Blue

Postby Nevada Blue » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:37 pm

The wedding is on the 11 February 2005.

In answer to your question Wormy Wellies I don't know - Who did pay the taxi driver?? Lots of wine definitely numbs the brain!!
Nevada Blue

Postby Red Shoes » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:56 pm

Nevada Blue: Go for it Linda that sounds really nice and I have seen several items in that colour in a couple of shops - Monsoon had a lovely dress and short jacket in a weddingy fabric. if your daughter arranges flowers I think she is the best one to decide after all it is her day. Glad you have found a colour and happy shopping. :D

What abought a nice wine to celebrate :roll: We can reveiw its bouquet at a later date!

Date stamp and everyone else! I think we should go for your suggestion of "Curious Incident". How about a review date of 28 September-that is if we can all obtain a copy within the next couple of weeks. :roll:

Wormy wellies: where does your username come from? Do you wear these for the gym as well as walking the dogs?

Sheila
Red Shoes

Postby Red Shoes » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:21 pm

:? Did everyone go to bed before me!

Nite, nite. Keep in touch.

Hopefully you'll all start reading (and drinking) before next week.
Red Shoes

Next

Return to General Chat