Change of website administrator.

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Postby IanN » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:04 pm

I took on the role of website administrator in January 2009, and now eight and a half years later, I feel that it’s time to hand over this important function to a new pair of hands.

This changeover process has been going on in the background for the last six months and it gives me great pleasure to announce to you all, that Grampian Area Co-ordinator Ian Hindmarsh has agreed to take on the role.
Ian has a solid I.T. background and I’m confident that the high standards of the website will be maintained and developed well into the future under his stewardship.

I would also like to give a special mention to Simon Fraser. It was Simon who many years ago designed, built and maintained the website that we all enjoy using today. During the last 8 years, whenever there has been any minor or major issue with the site that was beyond my capabilities, Simon was always there to rapidly resolve the problem. I can’t thank Simon enough for all his help over the years.

I’m not going to disappear completely though, as I intend to enjoy the club events and my car for many years to come.

I would just like to end by thanking all the wonderful MX-5 Scotland club members who have helped me over the years and to Ian Hindmarsh for taking over from me.

Safe driving
Ian
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Re: Change of website administrator.

Postby IanH » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:45 pm

IanN wrote:Change of website administrator.

I took on the role of website administrator in January 2009, and now eight and a half years later, I feel that it’s time to hand over this important function to a new pair of hands.

This changeover process has been going on in the background for the last six months and it gives me great pleasure to announce to you all, that Grampian Area Co-ordinator Ian Hindmarsh has agreed to take on the role.
Ian has a solid I.T. background and I’m confident that the high standards of the website will be maintained and developed well into the future under his stewardship.

I would also like to give a special mention to Simon Fraser. It was Simon who many years ago designed, built and maintained the website that we all enjoy using today. During the last 8 years, whenever there has been any minor or major issue with the site that was beyond my capabilities, Simon was always there to rapidly resolve the problem. I can’t thank Simon enough for all his help over the years.

I’m not going to disappear completely though, as I intend to enjoy the club events and my car for many years to come.

I would just like to end by thanking all the wonderful MX-5 Scotland club members who have helped me over the years and to Ian Hindmarsh for taking over from me.

Safe driving
Ian

Thanks Ian for all the excellent works to date, I look forward to not breaking the site too much in the forthcoming period and ensuring that this corner of the Internet that is MX-5 Scotland continues to exist.
IanH
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby IanN » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Cheers Ian, all the best :D
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby drumtochty » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Thanks Mr Ness for all the good work!!!!
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby bmv6197 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Thanks for all the great work, guys. It's easy to overlook the effort that goes into making everything work perfectly for the rest of us - much appreciated.

Brad.
1995 Mazda MX5 1.8iS (BRG)
1996 Eunos Roadster VR Limited (Combination B) [Now sold]
bmv6197

Postby JimF » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Thank you to Ian for all his hard work to keep this web site functioning. I also appreciated all the support I received during my stint as Area Co-ordinator.
JimF
OC Member
Jim Ford
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby davidnofish » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:50 am

Thank you Ian for the past, Thank you Ian for the future.
davidnofish
OC Member
David Hirst
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby tjay » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Many thanks to Ian Ness for all the years as web site administrator and all the help he gave to me during my time as AC for Tayside. Would also like to thank him for all his help in making the Spring Rally that took place in Pitlochry such a success,
He has always been very approachable and his advise and help over the years is/was greatly appreciated !!
Congratulations to Ian Hindmarch for taking over the role as he has very big boots to step into but I am equally sure that he will manage to fulfill that roll well too !!
Only one question for I.N. what are you gonna do with all this extra spare time ? all the best mate !!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanN » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Cheers Tom

Think I'll find plenty to do in my spare time :D
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness