Used ND's appearing.

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Used ND's appearing.

Postby OldSpice » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:45 pm

A few seem to be hitting the market these days.
Ever wondered where the fleet of VIP launch hacks went? ;)
If it does not bother you shelling out for one that was thrashed senseless by scores from "out the box", good and well
They are engineered to take it so who is to worry? :wink:
On the other hand, you'd rather part with your hard-earned for one that has had a less adventurous Christening, look for used jobbies with registrations similar to VN15 or VF15...'cos they are ex VIP fleet "sacrificials" like the ones I ragged, (like many others that day ) at Mazda's expense.
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Re: Used ND's appearing.

Postby drumtochty » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:01 pm

I think the demonstrators are now 3 months old and maybe the dealers have to buy a demonstrator in the first instance as they are registering them, therefore they want their money back and are selling them as cash flow is tight in the car industry.

There is talk in the car market that things are not as rosey as the new car sales would suggest. That the dealers are drownig in cars coming back from lease that they have to buy to get the new car sales. Aberdeen in particular is an area where lots of one year old lease cars are coming back to the garages from people losing high paid jobs. I have heard it said that for those people that just look at what a car costs a month, like the way people buy a "FREE" phone, the cost of a new cars is not that much less than a used car on finance as the finance on a used car is to date not subsidised by the manufactuer and the main dealers tend to keep the price of these used cars a touch high.

There was some talk on the OC forum that a lot of the early cars were not fully type approved and would be crushed and that it is not unusual for a manufacturer to do this. They are only registered for a set time and they have to be disposed of.

Therefore some of those cars may be crushed if they were not type approved. No knowledge at all Robin if that was the case with those cars
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby OldSpice » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Eddie.
I'd heard that too before I met you that day.
I asked two of the Mazda team looking after us..apart from each other at separate times... and they were emphatic these cars were the full bhuna, and would be sold off.
Mmmm..... :wink:
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby drumtochty » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:19 pm

I would tend to agree with that as they were UK spec cars and it was in August so a high chance they were full type approved.
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby OldSpice » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:16 pm

It's reported in the OC...the the VIP fleet hacks may have been "donated" to a racing/sports company..and as such won't hit the market.
If so, given the usual 6 month dealer watershed demo is over, hopefully those available are what they are supposed to be.
It would certainly be an honourable end....
OldSpice

Return to General Chat