Reg BCZ5232 silver mk1

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Reg BCZ5232 silver mk1

Postby Octafish » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:30 pm

Just a wee post to see if my trusty MK1 Eunos is still on the road. I was a member of the forum when it first started and posted under another name ( Vanvliet I think!) I imported it via Northern Ireland and had it for around ten years Eventually needed a bigger family car and sold it to a bloke from Edinburgh and included an almost new spare engine and other bits in the deal .I had imported and fitted a 'Harddog' rollbar from the USA following advice from the Knockhill lads along with the usual chassis stiffeners, S and W shocks, racing air filter, better tyres and battery ( after nine years use!) and numerous internal mods . Always regretted not fitting a supercharger . . It was 'ziebarted' with chassis /body sealant throughout by an Edinburgh firm when imported and so I wondered if extensive rustproofing made any difference in keeping back the tinworm over time . It had a soft top and I rarely drove with it in place ,preferring to use the full tonneau until winter really kicked in . I do remember cracking the vyback rear window when raising it on a frosty November day! It never let me down .
I remember being told by a club worthy(also later repeated by Mazda UK ) that the Eunos was a completely different car and was not an MX5. He said that the window glass did not conform to European standards and parts were not interchangeable I took the advice of another forum member and went ahead. My thanks to whoever he was - - - - -
Octafish

Re: Reg BCZ5232 silver mk1

Postby IanH » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:29 pm

No trace on the government MOT site:

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby Octafish » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:36 pm

That is a pity.I saw it advertised on the forum by the Edinburgh owner a few years ago but at the time I couldn't afford to buy it back as a toy. I had a notion to base a kit car around the chassis as a little project. If it was scrapped I hope someone removed all of the goodies!
Thanks for the link to the MOT site which I had never heard of . I checked the reg of my old BMW R69 600cc ( 1957 ) which I sold in the early eighties to finance the purchase of a Ginetta G21 and, low and behold, it was still on the road up to a couple of years ago!
Octafish

Postby drumtochty » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:51 am

The registration number is now on

The details on the MID are:

Vehicle Make/Model: SKODA OCTAVIA 2.0 FSI EST ELEGANCE

Therefore as I though someone wants that number for their car.

Your old car may well be on the road or on SORN with a different number.

http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/askmid.aspx

On the government site I noticed recently they were not finding some cars that are on the road and taxed.
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Octafish » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:04 pm

drumtochty wrote:The registration number is now on

The details on the MID are:

Vehicle Make/Model: SKODA OCTAVIA 2.0 FSI EST ELEGANCE

Therefore as I though someone wants that number for their car.

Your old car may well be on the road or on SORN with a different number.

http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/askmid.aspx

On the government site I noticed recently they were not finding some cars that are on the road and taxed.

Well spotted .Good to hear that it might have survived . The reg no was a Northern Irish one and I was often asked if it was a private plate as it was not car age related. The BMW had a reg plate JWG 222 which would have probably been of interest to plate buyers . I was often asked to sell the plate and was even questioned at traffic lights but never did take up the offers. Going by the info on the site it looks like the bike is not always on the road which is a pity as bikes should be ridden, even if a rarity like the R69 which was only made for a few years
Octafish

Return to General Chat