Interesting NC500 article

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Interesting NC500 article

Postby bmv6197 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:54 pm

Well worth a read - oh, and the new ND in white doesn't look too bad either...

http://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph- ... ours/32673

Brad.
1995 Mazda MX5 1.8iS (BRG)
1996 Eunos Roadster VR Limited (Combination B) [Now sold]
bmv6197
User avatar
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:39 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Interesting NC500 article

Postby Sprockutt » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:48 pm

Brad.Vigers wrote:Well worth a read - oh, and the new ND in white doesn't look too bad either...

http://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph- ... ours/32673

Brad.


Nice post Brad and an enjoyable read. Just found out about the NC500 a few days ago before setting off for Applecross at the weekend. Hope to do the 500 later on this year.
Sprockutt
User avatar
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Interesting NC500 article

Postby Chuck and Gill » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Highland & Moray will be doing the whole North Coast 500 ( we won't be missing any bits out!) over two days at the end of September( 25th/26th).

We are getting a black Mk4 2.0i Sport to play with from Macrae & Dick in Inverness for this weekend. The car will be available to drive for club members( so long as we have copies of driving licences in advance for insurance purposes).

At the moment we have eight cars confirmed for the whole trip and a couple of others joining us along the way. We plan to stop over at the Rhiconich Hotel on the Saturday night. I think we have booked all the available rooms there now, but I am sure other accommodation will be available if you want to join us for either the whole trip - or just part of the way.

All details are on the Highlands & Moray part of this website.

Just let us know if you want to join us.
Charles & Gillian Sinclair
Area Coordinators Highland & Moray
Chuck and Gill
User avatar
OC Member
Gillian & Charles Sinclair
Highland & Moray Coordinator
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Re: Interesting NC500 article

Postby Sprockutt » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:22 pm

Chuck and Gill wrote:Highland & Moray will be doing the whole North Coast 500 ( we won't be missing any bits out!) over two days at the end of September( 25th/26th).

We are getting a black Mk4 2.0i Sport to play with from Macrae & Dick in Inverness for this weekend. The car will be available to drive for club members( so long as we have copies of driving licences in advance for insurance purposes).

At the moment we have eight cars confirmed for the whole trip and a couple of others joining us along the way. We plan to stop over at the Rhiconich Hotel on the Saturday night. I think we have booked all the available rooms there now, but I am sure other accommodation will be available if you want to join us for either the whole trip - or just part of the way.

All details are on the Highlands & Moray part of this website.

Just let us know if you want to join us.


That sounds great and thanks very much for the invite. I've not looked into the planning at all yet but my initial thoughts were to stay in a very nice b&b I've previously stayed in at Lochinver so I may join up for the first day at the very least. I would be travelling up from the Central belt for the start of the trip so a slightly earlier stop at Lochinver may well suit me journey a little bit better. But would be great to do the trip with some other MX5's.
Sprockutt
User avatar
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Interesting NC500 article

Postby Chuck and Gill » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:55 am

You will be very welcome to join us - as is anybody else who fancies it.

Just let us know if you do want to come along - and where you want to meet up with us.

We plan to leave from the official starting point - which is Inverness Castle early on Saturday morning.

Most of the cars going have CB radio's - so if you can beg/borrow one of these for the weekend it will make your trip with us much more entertaining.

Channel 5 of course!!!
Charles & Gillian Sinclair
Area Coordinators Highland & Moray
Chuck and Gill
User avatar
OC Member
Gillian & Charles Sinclair
Highland & Moray Coordinator
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Re: Interesting NC500 article

Postby bmv6197 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:34 pm

Sprockutt wrote:
Brad.Vigers wrote:Well worth a read - oh, and the new ND in white doesn't look too bad either...

http://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph- ... ours/32673

Brad.


Nice post Brad and an enjoyable read. Just found out about the NC500 a few days ago before setting off for Applecross at the weekend. Hope to do the 500 later on this year.


Thanks Sprockutt - am doing Applecross with a couple of friends next month myself. Hope you had a good time!

Chuck and Gill wrote:You will be very welcome to join us - as is anybody else who fancies it.

Just let us know if you do want to come along - and where you want to meet up with us.

We plan to leave from the official starting point - which is Inverness Castle early on Saturday morning.

Most of the cars going have CB radio's - so if you can beg/borrow one of these for the weekend it will make your trip with us much more entertaining.

Channel 5 of course!!!


Thanks for the offer guys - sounds like it will be a great tour. If I was available that weekend I would certainly be up for it - sadly not. Have fun though!

B.
1995 Mazda MX5 1.8iS (BRG)
1996 Eunos Roadster VR Limited (Combination B) [Now sold]
bmv6197
User avatar
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:39 pm
Location: Aberdeen


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron