MK1 Overturn Aberdeen

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

MK1 Overturn Aberdeen

Postby IanH » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:28 pm

IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Re: MK1 Overturn Aberdeen

Postby bmv6197 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Nasty stuff - glad to hear there aren't any serious injuries, other than to the young lad's insurance history.

That damage will probably buff out though...

B.
1995 Mazda MX5 1.8iS (BRG)
1996 Eunos Roadster VR Limited (Combination B) [Now sold]
bmv6197

Postby Purplebug » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:04 pm

I read on FB he won G19 engineerings raffle MX5 so has a replacement already LOL
Purplebug

Postby ColinB » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:51 pm

Adam is a really nice young mechanic and mx5 enthusiast. I'm glad to hear that he's okay and appears he won another mx5. I'm sure we all wish him a speed recovery and many years of trouble free motoring. :shock:
ColinB
OC Member
Colin Bell
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Sprockutt » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:54 am

He's a very lucky boy to have escaped that with non life threatening injuries. :shock:

I have been thinking about a roll bar for a while for this rare eventuality but it's not a straightforward decision. Without padding and a harness seatbelt they can be a source of danger in every other form of accident other than a roll over. Also because I'm 6ft 2" I need all the room I can get in my wee car. But after seeing this I think I might be giving TR Lane a call.
Sprockutt

Postby joeytalent » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Sprockutt wrote:He's a very lucky boy to have escaped that with non life threatening injuries. :shock:

I have been thinking about a roll bar for a while for this rare eventuality but it's not a straightforward decision. Without padding and a harness seatbelt they can be a source of danger in every other form of accident other than a roll over. Also because I'm 6ft 2" I need all the room I can get in my wee car. But after seeing this I think I might be giving TR Lane a call.

The TR Lane ones don't affect travel on the normal seats, but the bar sits a little low (I assume this is so they can ensure they fit under softops and hardtops) - I'm 5'9" and my head is about 1" under the roll bar - but I have some buckets to fit in the not so distant future, which will get me lower. The Cusco ones mount on the floor behind the seats and I'd reckon you'd lose far too much seat travel.
joeytalent

Postby Sprockutt » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:35 pm

joeytalent wrote:
Sprockutt wrote:He's a very lucky boy to have escaped that with non life threatening injuries. :shock:

The TR Lane ones don't affect travel on the normal seats, but the bar sits a little low (I assume this is so they can ensure they fit under softops and hardtops) - I'm 5'9" and my head is about 1" under the roll bar - but I have some buckets to fit in the not so distant future, which will get me lower. The Cusco ones mount on the floor behind the seats and I'd reckon you'd lose far too much seat travel.

I'm ordering my roll bar from TR Lane tomorrow. I think I'll probably replace my seats with ones that get you a bit lower at some point. But in the meantime I'm going for the TT Roll bar with harness bar.
Sprockutt

Return to General Chat