Meister R

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Re: Meister R

Postby zebedee » Fri May 15, 2015 9:09 pm

Have I said the correct one? Mine is for road/race, the other is more race track only.
zebedee

Postby zebedee » Fri May 15, 2015 9:14 pm

Just looked at the web site... Mine are S, the cheaper one's, also bought the damper extensions for the boot so I can change settings easily, but they are currently out of stock of them.
zebedee

Postby zebedee » Fri May 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Still SAD, another weekend without being able to drive the car. It also needed two new bushes, and they haven't been delivered yet.
zebedee

Postby zebedee » Sat May 30, 2015 4:34 pm

Happy Happy, got the car back today. The looks seem to have been completely transformed. I was worried before I collected the car that the suspension may be too hard (I was reading a thread from a lady on another forum who had the Meisters removed from her Mk2 as she thought the ride was too harsh, as it turned out she admitted once back to the normal suspension the ride was still harsh.) The car has gone down approx 5cm and as such I would have expected a harsher ride than the long travel of the 4x4 stance....But I am pleasantly surprised the ride is even better, no more feeling of bangs and crashes over broken road surfaces, potholes feel as bad as normal though. I started with the damper settings at 9 from soft for both front and rear, and during the ride home changed the front (as I cant change the rears easily yet as Im awaiting the damper extension arms) to 11 and then 10 from soft.

The car is certainly more impractical now, as I used to be able to driver over those square individual speed humps, now even trying to pass one side over the top causes the plastic flaps in front of the front wheel to scrape. Time will tell if this gets too frustrating.

I took the car through the Trossachs to try out the handling and it all feels good but a little different than before. As you can imagine through the Dukes pass there weren't too many chances to push the handling, but any differences would be more due to the alignment set up. Old stance corners used to be a slow turn in then as the suspension loaded the car turned nice and sharply, now with the lower stance the initial turn in is quicker but the mid corner feeling of it biting is not there, probably because it has been better from the start of the corner.

When I got home I had all the wheels off and sprayed the suspension with ACF50 and greased the height adjustment threads, so hopefully keep corrosion at bay a bit longer.

Before and After

After
zebedee

Postby drumtochty » Sat May 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Well that would not get up my house track without severe rubbing of the underside.

Interesting over say a year or so how you get on with it if you meet some rough roads.

Looks just a touch low but the proof is in the driving.

I hope you enjoy the new setup.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby zebedee » Sat May 30, 2015 6:15 pm

I think you are right about the height, but I like the way it looks now. Previously it was practical but just didn't seem right every time I looked at it. If I lived up a farm track I would definitely have kept it high.
zebedee

Postby DTB » Sat May 30, 2015 6:50 pm

Is that the out of the box height? It does look lower than the NC on the Meisterr website, and a bit lower than other NC's I've seen pictures of.

I've got a set in the garage waiting to be fitted to my NC. When I finally recover from my back injury I'll get them fitted & post up some pics. 5cm is a fair drop - I was hoping for somewhere about 3.5cm so I might need to adjust mine from box settings.
DTB

Postby zebedee » Sat May 30, 2015 7:23 pm

That is the height they came set at. Obviously the good thing is the height can be adjusted, but at the moment I'm liking how it looks.

It took the garage 2.5 weeks to change them. I was hoping to wait approx 4 hrs for the work to be done, but the last shock proved a problem due to a seized bolt which took 2 Weeks to be delivered.
zebedee

Postby 71NotOut » Sun May 31, 2015 8:28 pm

I've got a set on order for my Eunos.

I don't like the height it sits at on the Konis/Eibachs - wee bit too low at the front (personal preference) and slightly too high at the rear.

I am looking forward to the adjustable feature of the Meisters.

Gonna go for around 320mm wheel centre to middle of arch front, 325 rear. Currently sitting at 300 front and 328rear.

Mine are coming at the end of June, part of the Nutz group buy - saving £105 on the Zeta S and getting a free bottle of anti rust coating. :)
Previously in a 2003 Montana, now in a 1991 V-Special...
71NotOut
OC Member
Steven Hedley
MX-5 OC Club Member

Previous

Return to General Chat