Roof

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Roof

Postby Haggis Catcher » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi Guys & Girls
Forgive me for asking, as im sure this question has been asked plenty times before. Where is the best place to have the roof replaced up in Scotland. Or is there anyone who can be recommended that does a good job, for a fair price.

Regards
Stew
Haggis Catcher

Re: Roof

Postby joeytalent » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:02 am

Steve at Goodwood in Berwick-upon-Tweed does them. I know it isn't Scotland, but I don't think there's anywhere closer anymore.
joeytalent

Postby drumtochty » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:30 am

Dreadnought Garage in Callander have a website and Richard Nichol's son used to use the garage for a while to fit hoods after Richard moved down south. They also do MG and other Sports cars.

Therefore it would be worth phoning them.

If cash is king, why not do it yourself or with some help as I recon. being I assume a MK2, there will not be much change out of £400 to get it fitted.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Haggis Catcher » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. I have emailed, and left a message for Steve down at Berwick. But had no reply as yet. The car belongs to my son, and I'm just trying to help him have the car ready for summer. MX5 City have a deal on at the moment. They are offering a roof, with the zip out rear window for £275. I might be tempted at that,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haggis Catcher

Postby zebedee » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:53 pm

joeytalent wrote:Steve at Goodwood in Berwick-upon-Tweed does them. I know it isn't Scotland, but I don't think there's anywhere closer anymore.

Could anybody give me pin point location for Goodwood, eg a Googlemap x marks the spot. I have previously set their address on my satnag and gone into the trading estate but have not been able to find them. I am going to be passing there again next Tue and would like to have a look in.
zebedee

Postby IanH » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:31 pm

zebedee wrote:
joeytalent wrote:Steve at Goodwood in Berwick-upon-Tweed does them. I know it isn't Scotland, but I don't think there's anywhere closer anymore.

Could anybody give me pin point location for Goodwood, eg a Googlemap x marks the spot. I have previously set their address on my satnag and gone into the trading estate but have not been able to find them. I am going to be passing there again next Tue and would like to have a look in.

I would, he was at Tweedmouth on the side of the river though I may have picked up that he was moving again though could be completely wrong.

Back in a sec with where he definitely was..

Dropped Pin
near 38 Dock Rd, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland TD15, UK
http://goo.gl/maps/huUAv
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby IanH » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:44 pm

It's definitely there in Streetview, look for the car wash sign from the road then head toward the river where the Green Merc is, I think with Steve with his head under the bonnet.
Attachments
image.jpg
Goodwood Sportscars
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby zebedee » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Ahh, excellent, thanks. I was in altogether the wrong area. I was in a small industrial area just as you exit the North of the town off the roundabout near Morrissons, just off the A1.

Might drop in there next week...is there much to see?
zebedee

Postby zebedee » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:45 pm

I was using this address.....My address is Unit 5, The Old Dairy, Kingsmount, Ramparts Business Park, Berwick upon Tweed, TD15 1UN......off his web site.
zebedee

Postby IanH » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Hmm, maybe that's the new one as before he used to work from his house up near the A1, then Tweedmouth and maybe Ramparts is the new site. :?

Haven't been for a while, he usually has a good stock when I've been. Possibly best to give him a bell before in case he's out buying or selling, not sure if there's permanent help with him.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Postby bmv6197 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:50 am

Pretty sure it's the Ramparts one - last time I was there it was Tweedmouth but that was 2 years back, and I know he's moved since then.

I find he's most easily contacted on Facebook - search Goodwood Sportscars. He updates the page almost daily and replies quickly to comments. It's also the best place to see his new stock, long before his website gets updated.

Good luck,

Brad.
1995 Mazda MX5 1.8iS (BRG)
1996 Eunos Roadster VR Limited (Combination B) [Now sold]
bmv6197

Return to General Chat