Joined Club

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Joined Club

Postby BoabG » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:16 pm

I've just joined the MX5 owners. Can someone please tell me what happens now :oops: . Ta.
2004- MX5 Euphonic in Titanium.
BoabG
OC Member
Bob Gray
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Joined Club

Postby drumtochty » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:41 pm

You will get a welcome pack with some stickers and a note of some discount schemes but most of these discounts are not any better than you can get other ways.

You will get a magazine called soft top hard top every two months with lots of MX5 stuff in it but as it is a single model magazine there tends to be a good portion of repeats for obvious reasons but it is very well put together.

You will get a mx5oc aviator thing on your forum posts also on the OC forum.

If you log on to the UK site

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk you may or may not get access to certain downloadable technical how too's. if the problems in the download area has been fixed.

While you are on there you can wind up some of our more serious english friends.

Oh and if they are complaining about soft top hard top being three days late ( yes the do do that on the OC forum ) and you post saying " it's only a magazine dear" you will have the post removed, I'm told that happened to a post of mine but hey ho!

You are also covered by the owners club third party insurance if you are on an organised run.

Apart from that not much and again you can log on too the OC forum and wind them up without being a member.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby BoabG » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Cheers Eddie, nothing like a good windup ;).
BoabG
OC Member
Bob Gray
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby tjay » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:58 am

Hi Boab, welcome to the club, the forum and to Tayside Area (we know as the Tay5liders !) how to meet up/see on future area runs/meets.Enjoy your car, they bring a smile to your face when out enjoying yourself !!
PS missed a great sunny day run yesterday !! never more to come.

cheers
Tom
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby BoabG » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:01 am

Thanks Tom, looking forward to meeting some of the other mx5 owners.

Bob.
BoabG
OC Member
Bob Gray
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanH » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:26 am

drumtochty wrote:
You are also covered by the owners club third party insurance if you are on an organised run.

The event is insured from a third party liability point of view, the club is insured in this respect, individual drivers insurance is still required to cover them for their own actions and any incidents they are involved in whatever the liability.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby DrewN » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi Boab,
You have done the two hard bits - buying a car and joining the club - now do the easy bit - keep an eye on the Scottish website and join in events, but you might have to wait till next year now to get that roof down and for the sun to shine. You can always enjoy reading the magazine while you are waiting for the sun to come out.
Enjoy being a member and owner of a great wee car.
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Area Co-ordinator
3.75 Sport Graphite Coupe
DrewN
OC Member
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Coordinator

Postby BoabG » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:21 pm

Cheers Drew, going go take my car in to work to get her all waxoiled underneath, and get the cavities waxed too. Then to my sons work for a machine polish and finished with a hand glaze. Think I'll wait till spring before that gets done though. Quite fancy one if those zun sport grilles too.
BoabG
OC Member
Bob Gray
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to General Chat