An invitation to the Doune Hillclimb on September 21st.

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

An invitation to the Doune Hillclimb on September 21st.

Postby Dumfriesman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:59 pm

The Scottish MX5 Hillclimb & Sprint Register...The Scottish Lowland CHampionship.

Well....we have now had all but the final two events for this 2014 season.
Yesterday was a very windy hill climb at Forrestburn...but at least it stayed dry on the track.
There were 8 of us there,and many posted personal bests.
The top four are now separated by 3.92 points...with only Doune hill climb on September 21st and Kames sprint in October to go!

The organisers of the Doune hill climb have extended an invitation to all members of MX5 Owners Club to attend at 50% discount off the normal £5
spectator entrance fee. If we have enough persons interested,there will be a designated parking area for members' cars.

I have been asked to coordinate by Doune,and if you are interested please go through your Area Coordinator or let me know directly so that I can pass on the expected numbers to the Lothian Car Club at Doune.

We are a friendly bunch and welcome any enquiries.Look at our web site http://www.eunosecosse.co.uk
Dumfriesman
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: An invitation to the Doune Hillclimb on September 21st.

Postby Dumfriesman » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 am

Further to my previous entry...the Doune weekend is over the 20th and 21st...with practice runs on the Saturday,and the timed runs on the Sunday.
If you have never been to Doune,it can be a very exciting thing to watch...on the lower part of the climb,the track is very narrow with stane dykes and barriers on each side and many single-seaters scream up at speeds of 100mph!
Have a look at the links on the web site... http://www.dounehillclimb.co.uk/
If you are interested in attending,please let us know,and if numbers are promising,it may be possible to make this an organised outing next year!
There are 3 meetings a year,April,June & September...I have been to all,and the weather is usually kind to us.
The MX5 Register website is at www.eunosecosse.co.uk where you can read about us and our aims.

See you there?
Dumfriesman
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby DavieW » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:09 pm

I'd be up for a wee trip to Doune. I haven't this year yet so it would be a good excuse to go. Even better if there was a wee display of MX5's.
DavieW
OC Member
David Waddell
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Sprockutt » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:04 pm

Like the sound of this. Can't commit at the moment but certainly hope I'll be able to make it along.
Sprockutt

Postby Macscorcher » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:22 am

Is it too late to put my name down for this ? Prob be there both days anyway but would be cool to be parked up with other mx5s !
Macscorcher

Postby DrewN » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:20 pm

I would like to point out that Doune Hillclimb is not an official club event. If members (or non member MX-5 owners) wish to attend and take advantage of the reduced entrance rate then they should contact John McGill direct by PM or by other links in this thread so that he can compile numbers of attendees.He would then be responsible for letting people know final numbers and if entry discount applied.
Hope this helps.
Those who attend - have a good weekend.
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Area Co-ordinator
3.75 Sport Graphite Coupe
DrewN
OC Member
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Coordinator

Postby Dumfriesman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:43 am

The closing date for entries in the Doune hill climb were Sept 1st.
Unfortunately a few of our most active members will not be there due to other commitments, but there are still 6 of us entered.
If there are more than one or two MX5OC members intending to attend please let me know ASAP so I can inform the organisers.
It should be a good event with a high number of entries from all over the UK...possibly the last original UK Doune before Scotland leaves! :(
jfmcgill@btinternet.com

Cheers
John
Dumfriesman
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Dumfriesman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:33 pm

I now have agreement from the Doune secretary, Billy Cater, that any MX5 drivers that have an Owners Club membership card will be given the 50% discount into the paddock and up the hill to spectate on Saturday or Sunday.To date,nobody has told me categorically that they will be attending so it is assumed that numbers will not be sufficient to allocate a special parking area for MX5OC cars,so this would be in the general public parking area.
Hopefully,with more advanced notice...we can organise this in,say,April as an official outing.
John McGill
jfmcgill@btinternet.com
Dumfriesman
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Macscorcher » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Hello John I'll be heading along to Doune this w/e aswell usually go both days but not sure I'll manage that this w/e. It's a cracking event & would be great to see it as an official outing next year !
Macscorcher

Postby Dumfriesman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:52 am

Hi Mac...identify yourself at the paddock entrance with your MX5OC card and get the 50% discount...might be good to have a 50p handy...
then come in and have a craic!
Dumfriesman
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to General Chat