Happy travels

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Happy travels

Postby KenG » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:48 pm

Afternoon all

Been visiting friends in Surrey over the past 4 days and thought it would be a good idea to take the 5 down so as to blow off the dust and cobwebs! Didn't feel like a good idea when there was horizontal rain and an accident / roadworks that left the M6 closed at Junction 11! I needed to get to Junction 8 to make the directions work (No Sat nav) and there was no chance of that happening. Still by dead reckoning I managed to get to within 4 miles of ther hotel!! Dam good effort i think!

Once in Surrey the temp over the past few days topped off at 18 degrees and the roof was never on. Anyone else manage some fresh air?

Regards

Ken
KenG

Re: Happy travels

Postby sclements » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Had the hood down to go get fuel today - very pleasant but closer to 8 degrees rather than 18, just as well the heaters are brilliant :D

Scott
sclements

Re: Happy travels

Postby iain cooper » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:09 pm

had the roof down all day yesterday, Helensburgh to Fort William, absolutely brilliant !!

stopped at Tyndrum for a bowl of soup in the Green Wellie, excellent.

Glen Coe was spectacular, and the roads although littered with potholes, were reasonably quiet, still get the BMW/AUDI driver up your backside and desperate to pass !!

thought Fort William looked a bit depressing though, what with nearly 20 shops closed in the town centre, must be a sign of the times ?

all in all a great day and look forward to the next !! ( maybe Oban )

Iain
iain cooper

Return to General Chat