Free wine, BBQ, music....Genuine invite for MX5 enthusiasts!

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Postby inddigo » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:42 am

I want to go to, anyone know if the garage has a phone point for a laptop, Im on call for work that night :( would love to come and meet you guys ( those who havent met me and Jo ), any excuse to talk about MX5's and even better one to drive to Callander......

Andy

EDIT: Woohoo got some one to cover me, so count us in too.... is the garage easy to find, not been in Callendar for a long time?
Andy and Jo
Zoomette '96 Eunos VR Ltd 1.8
Zoom II '03 MX-5 Supreme Blue 1.8 Sport gone to...
Zoom '94 MX-5 BRG 1.8 Sport - Now gone....
inddigo

Postby PaulDS » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:27 pm

graeme wrote:Oh dear. Is it supposed to be clean and shiny? :?

Ofcourse it is.

I'm like you Greg. All I need is a few spots of rain and out comes the hose, shampoo polish and wax (and I'm not talking about my hair).
Mine was cleaned on Friday night and it was such a nice day saturday, I got my hands on my pals BRG Mk1 and did the works. Got great satisfaction from seeing his rather grimy car finish up shining like the proverbial shilling up....... The BRG really does come up nice and then spent the next hour sat admiring the 2 cars, his and my red Mk1. Lots of passers by inour village commented how nice they both looked. another way this car can bring a grin to my face!!!!!
Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Postby murwilson » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:38 pm

Sadly, I'm working Friday night or I'd have joined you all too.

Maybe next time.

Mur
Hers - '08 Stormy Blue MK3 Sport, factory lowered, k&n filter, Toyo Proxes PX4, I.L. Motorsports stainless exhaust.
http://www.mymx5.org
His - '08 Deep Bronze Civic Type R. Standard. It's a hooligan!
murwilson

Postby Greg & Nic » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:02 pm

Inddigo....and anyone else not sure where Dreadnoughts new premises are. If coming from Stirling side it's just as you come into Callander on the right hand side. Turn in at the new petrol station (Texaco or Esso from memory?). You really can't miss the place.
Should be some good advice on hand for anyone needing it (only of the mechanical variety though....I don't think they do financial or marital!)
I'm going up there tomorrow to drop some Toyo giveaways in (don't get too excited though.. :wink: ) so I'll let them know to expect a few of us 5 owners to be attending.
91 BRG V Spec....The Wee Beastie
Greg & Nic

Postby inddigo » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:36 am

Hi Greg,
A set of 4 would be good as a giveaway :D could replace my continentals 8)

Andy
Andy and Jo
Zoomette '96 Eunos VR Ltd 1.8
Zoom II '03 MX-5 Supreme Blue 1.8 Sport gone to...
Zoom '94 MX-5 BRG 1.8 Sport - Now gone....
inddigo

Postby Si » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:30 pm

Well that was a very good evening and it was good to meet so many people!! There was clearly a lot of money sat on that garage forecourt!!

Greg, I meant to ask you how much the T1-Rs were. If your claims of a 1Kg (or so) weight saving is correct then they'd be worth their money.

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby Greg & Nic » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:45 pm

Si, Claire at Dreadnought says she will do a good deal on the T1-R's for anyone looking for them. I can't give prices as I don't have any control over what margin dealers stick on them after I supply them. Also try Newlife at Duddingston as a comparison as they're more local. (Ask for Sergio and mention "Greg fae Toyo") I'm going to have to weigh the tyres to see just how much lighter they are...I'll let you know.
That was a fantastic turnout tonight.....how many? 15 cars?.
Also Si....apologies for having your engine bouncing off the limiter....just got carried away listening to the wonderful sound of that supercharger........I need one!!
Nice to meet all of the folks who turned up and I hope that you'll be comfortable using Dreadnought for any techy stuff in future. I know that all of the owners and staff were very impressed by the number of members who called by.
Greg & Nic

Postby Si » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:49 pm

Greg & Nic wrote:Also Si....apologies for having your engine bouncing off the limiter....just got carried away listening to the wonderful sound of that supercharger........I need one!!

LOL - when I said you could "take it to the red line" I did actually mean for you to change gear when you got there ;) ;)

I don't think there was quite as many as 15 MX-5s .... or was there??

The highlight of my evening anyway was showing the Toyota Celica that was there that MX-5s are no slouches :D

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby DouglasH » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:03 am

Absolutely dumbstruck is the only way I could describe my reaction after meeting and talking to Claire Luti from Dreadnought Garage, Claire gave Graeme, Gavin and I a demonstration of the high tech alignment machine and imparted so much technical information and in such a confident manner, most of which went right over my head, but I have to say it was refreshing to meet someone like Claire who showed so much enthusiasm for her job.
We also managed to arrange an alignment day at the Garage, see future events listings for details.

A big thanks to Claire and the Dreadnought team along with TVR for the welcome and hospitality we received at this event.

Thanks also to Greg from Toyo Tyres for thinking of us and for the Toyo freebies our attending members received.

13 cars attended plus Barbera and James who walked along from Callander. Good to see David and Caroline from Dundee(I think) and Mike who travelled down from Blairgowrie.

Could'nt resist posting this picture of the back end of the TVR 350c complete with lowered suspension...

DouglasH

Postby Hardtrack » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:46 am

Will anyone put their hand up to telling the guy who walked into the carpark with the Callander Classic Show plate asking if there was anyone called Jim Cumming who was on the reserve list for a plate :lol: .................toyo freebies?...guess i was late again :cry:
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Greg & Nic » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:12 pm

Thanks for that Douglas....I'm really pleased that all parties seem to have gained from this....Owners will hopefully use Dreadnoughts facilities in future...Dreadnought have gained a few new customers....You'll all be fitting Toyo's in future :wink: ....Everyone will be drinking from their Toyo mugs whilst writing with their Toyo pens.....apart from Hardtrack it seems...
We had a saying when we wur kids...." If yer no fast, yer last" :wink:
Greg & Nic

Postby Hardtrack » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:45 pm

Very true ,lol :D ....i can get 4 Toyo's 195,50,15's fitted for ?100 quid,so sadly i won't be using them,but of course i got every Scottish OC member a discount at my mates garage.......but being a real mate and owing me favours bigtime...i get a real cheapy when needed :D,i'll probably go to Toyo's when i need new tyres.............anyone got a spare mug for a tea Jenny :oops:
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby DouglasH » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:55 pm

Greg...what mugs :!: :!: I was only handed a bag with pens, keyrings, lighters and Toyo brochures. :(
DouglasH

Postby Greg & Nic » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:22 pm

Well I did supply a decent load of Toyo mugs but I guess the TVR owners must have blagged 'em! See, that's what happens when you spend 50 grand on a car....ye canny afford a decent mug for yer tea!
Mind you....if I had a spare 50k sitting around I'd seriously consider one of them growling fire spitting beasts myself....proper sports car! Just have to make do with the Wee Beastie till then.....and tell you what! That aint a hardship....just spent the day blatting around with the roof down...listening to the rasp of the exhaust...getting it ever so slightly sideyways on a few roundabouts...and generally just smiling like a mad person for every minute of it. Addictive wee buggers eh!
Greg & Nic

Postby Phil » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:23 pm

Hope you get it clean and shiny for Callander. 8) How did this post get on this thread. :?: :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Phil on Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby Hardtrack » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:13 am

At least you got something Douglas!...........lighters and you don't even smoke :lol:
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby Hardtrack » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:21 am

I was saying last night to Simon,about the guy that gives the Toyo discount to the OC...........he's a TVR trained mechanic.He said when a guy got out his TVR at the garage he worked in,with bare feet and trousers rolled up ,with the floor filled with water on an older TVR in the 80's,he rang TVR technical in Blackpool after having problems fixing it and was told to drill a hole in the floor :shock: :shock: ,when he responded with, but that isn't going to cure the prob,he was told it's ok as it's fibreglass and at least it would get rid of the water for now :roll:..........he eventually fixed it with seals from another car...........strangely enough he hasn't a high opinion of TVR build quality and attitude at Blackpool.........maybe things have changed now,i'm sure he'd be happy to confirm this to anyone using his garage for tyres and exhausts :lol:
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Previous

Return to General Chat