Did I See You?

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Did I See You?

Postby Fee » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:26 pm

Spotted some 5s at the weekend, anybody here?

Red 5 in Lochgilphead with black boot rack and lots of black luggage, passenger gave me a very generous wave out the roof, I waved back but don't know if it was seen - that's the first time someone has waved at me and not the other way round. Made my day

Secondly, black Roadster in Oban on Sunday with HARD TOP ON!!!!! There should be a law against that.

Thirdly, silver 5 on Western Ferry Dunoon to Gourock on Sunday - not even a smile so I didn't bother to wave! Nice 5 though, possibly a Sport but I don't know what that is, it just looked kinda sporty.

Fi
Mk3 2 litre Sport Brilliant Black
Mk 2.5 Crystal Blue - Gone But Not Forgotten
OC 12837
Fee

Postby Alan » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:01 pm

nope! wern't me! hehe

although you should know mine now! hehe
Alan

Postby Hardtrack » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:06 pm

Aha,see you were treading old ground on the Oban run :lol: .......not guilty as i wasn't out all weekend in mine,apart from learning my niece to drive in my Roadster on Sunday night in an empty car park :?.....she says it's easy to drive 8)and hates my other car,more like she likes driving a 2 seater :shock: ...........thank god when she turns 17 in september and her provisional comes through the door,as i made it clear,no one will insure u as a learner at 17 in a mx5 :lol: :lol:so the boring 626 for u :P ................... Sam Mitchell and hubby spotted cruising Oban at the weekend :wink:
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby lowflyer » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:21 pm

glad to see your makin good use of the 5 Fi

:D

atb
j
lowflyer

Postby Fee » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:12 pm

I was at a wedding in Lochgilphead (my second home) on Saturday, we stayed in a B&B so were up early for breakie on the Sunday. It was such a lovely day, Hubby suggested we do the Benderloch run which was great fun, although we got to Oban by the A816 via Kilmartin rather than via Tyndrum, etc. The A816 is much more fun!!

Anyone know where these are? Should be easy for some of you.

Fee

Postby Si » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:55 pm

Fi wrote:Image

That's the infamous "bridge over the atlantic". Can't remember exactly where it is, but it's near Oban ::D:D:D:D:D

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby Fee » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:45 am

That's 1 out of 3 Si, what about the other two?

The "Bridge over the Atlantic" is at Luing on the road to Easdale, home of the late Frances Shand Kidd. Full of useless info me :D

Fi
Fee

Postby posh » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:50 am

Wasnae me, but I was out and about up that way on Saturday. The rule is - Hood down?...Big wave! Always wave to people who let me through and a wee beep beep on the horn in thanks :)

Hit a pheasant the other day in my 5 :( - poor thing ricocheted off the bumper up into the air and nearly landed in the passenger seat. Biggest thing I've ever hit, and hopefully will stay that way! Luckily I fitted EBC Redstuff pads and EBC drilled discs the week before or my 5 might have been a bit of a mess!
MX5 1.8iS MkII - the only car I need
posh

Postby Hardtrack » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:26 am

Went a run up past Loch Lomond today,ended up with 2 5's behind me in a convoy :shock: ....one was mk2 in red ,the other was a brg eunos,i may add the brg driver needs serious shooting for his tailgating and forgetting what an indicator is for :x :x when overtaking people that are about to do the same .....obviously not a club member :wink: .None of them waved :lol: :lol: ,past Simon on the way back,and he never neither :P........only wave i got was from a guy on a bike that was having some fun about the Dumbarton area,strangely enough i could gain on him on bends,but on straights it's was like i was in reverse :D ,but recieved an ahem :oops: manly wave when he turned off :lol: ........think it was a ZZR.serious quick :shock: ,he was obviously just having fun and playing with my breathless 1.8 8)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Postby inddigo » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:24 am

Hi Jim,
You past Si??, was he parked at the side of the road? :D

Andy
Andy and Jo
Zoomette '96 Eunos VR Ltd 1.8
Zoom II '03 MX-5 Supreme Blue 1.8 Sport gone to...
Zoom '94 MX-5 BRG 1.8 Sport - Now gone....
inddigo

Postby Hardtrack » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:03 pm

ahahaha :lol: ,na he was actually driving.........what he done before he set off is anyones guess :P
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Return to General Chat