NICE DAY

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

NICE DAY

Postby IAN » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:12 pm

I have just got back from my first full day out in my mx5.Did nt think so many heads would turn to a ?3000 car.Having just got off some nice motorbikes im use to the attention.Had the top down all day fantastic i think i made a good choice bike just wasnt practical any more to hot with helmet ect and boy cold in the winter.Anyway whats the story with all the 5's with the hood up ?COME ON GET A LIFE or by a ford focus.
IAN

Postby Colin & Margaret » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:30 pm

What do you mean. hood??? I thought once the hardtop came off, you made do with a cap to keep any rain off????

Too late for wind in the hair but ther is nothing like a drive with the hood down. I have managed every day since mid June on the M8 from Hillington to Glasgow city centre with the roof down and again on the return at night. Only see the occasional roof down though.

That said, Friday night at 5 o'clock, there I was in St Vincent Street when I was joined by 2 BRG 5's with their roofs down. Was that you???

I am constantly amazed at how few folk are prepared tp brave the breeze. So many of the fairer sex appear to be preserving their hair do's however, there is no excuse for all the blokes in their Z4's, Boxters and MGF's. I think they must be afraid they catch a chill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go on, get a life and get some fresh air!
2002 1.8 Silver Sport - Now gone too a new home..............
2010 2.0 Aluminium Silver Sport Tech - Getting on but still enjoying the wind in my skin!!
Colin & Margaret

Postby mike9jr » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:39 pm

Totally agree.

My roof is down unless its hissing down.

You only buy a convertable for one reason in my opinion. To get the roof off.!!

Mike
mike9jr
OC Member

Postby Greg & Nic » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:07 pm

Agree totally....Like Ian, just newly got the car and loving every minute. Was through Stirling town centre a couple of times today and have to admit to being a wee bit self concious at first. Unlike a tin top there's no barrier between the people on the pavement and me in my car. After a while though the feeling goes and it feels great. My brother came round for a look and I took him out for a run. He was looking for a new car and now insists (seriously....after half an hour in the car, and his first time with the roof off) that he wants one!! So....to anyone that has a BRG, black or navy MX5 or Roadster and is maybe looking to sell.....there is cash awaiting for the right car. He's got 7K to spend but will happily spend less if an earlier car catches the eye.
91 BRG V Spec....The Wee Beastie
Greg & Nic

Return to General Chat