10th anniversary Ltd edition

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

10th anniversary Ltd edition

Postby kellyg » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:09 pm

If anyone is interested in acquiring a 10th anniversary mk 2 which has been fully restored to an immaculate condition read on.
On visiting a local body shop for a small repair to the camper van, I found that the proprietor is an MX fan who previously raced them, but now restores them for his private collection (currently 6)
Due to pressure of space he is, reluctantly, selling this one. As he has done all the work himself, no detail has been spared and includes new tyres, timing belt, calipers and discs. It has been fully resprayed in innocent blue.
It is on a 51 plate but comes with the private reg T10 THA.
It has the 1.8 engine with 66k miles
He reckons he has spent £4k on it but is selling it for £3k. He is keen for it to go to someone who will cherish and look after it which is why I offered to mention it on this forum. Interestingly it has an owner's club sticker on it.
I have seen the full service history and the certificate of authenticity for the Ltd edition.
The seller is Nicky Hawker and he is based at St Boswells in the Borders 01835 823717
If I had a double garage I would buy it myself!
kellyg
OC Member
Gordon Kelly
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: 10th anniversary Ltd edition

Postby IanH » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Thanks for the heads up Gordon, sounds like a good car for someone.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby IanN » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:21 pm

I think this was rusryron’s car, a club members from the Borders.

Scroll down on this topic from 2011 and you will see it parked beside my old Arctic. The 10th anniversary at the top of the post is not the same car.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10259&p=76867#p76867
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby Scotty Dugg » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:00 pm

Thanks for posting, alerted my dad to it as he's in the market for a 2 seater (pushing him towards a 5).
Scotty Dugg
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby OldSpice » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:08 pm

Scotty Dugg wrote:Thanks for posting, alerted my dad to it as he's in the market for a 2 seater (pushing him towards a 5).

Good man.
Hope he gets one you don't have to push towards him!
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby Scotty Dugg » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:54 pm

OldSpice wrote:
Scotty Dugg wrote:Thanks for posting, alerted my dad to it as he's in the market for a 2 seater (pushing him towards a 5).

Good man.
Hope he gets one you don't have to push towards him!

Ha! maybe cajole would be a better word, he likes them, I think he's more concerned with interior space. He's off to have a seat in mine.
Scotty Dugg
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to General Chat