Scrapped MK2.5 for spares repairs

Advertise your unwanted items here. MX5Scotland accepts no responsibility for adverts that appear in this section. Posts automatically removed after 30 days.
Strictly No Trade Sales

Scrapped MK2.5 for spares repairs

Postby paulfhome » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:20 pm

Any one interested in a MOT failure for breaking or repair?
Mk 2.5 54 plate silver Artic 1.8
body is rotten, but it has a new full exhaust, interior is good (Blue leather but damage to drivers door card) No stereo. Engine seems healthy enough (Though EML has been lit for the past 3 years)
As I say it is MOT failure so would probably need lifted from it's current resting place (Bearsden)
I'll take any sensible offers, would much rather it went to someone who could make use of it rather than just scrap it
Please contact me if you are interested
UPDATE CAR HAS NOW BEEN SCRAPPED AND DISPOSED
Last edited by paulfhome on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulfhome

Re: Scrapped MK2.5 for spares repairs

Postby OldSpice » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:22 pm

I'd be interested in a hood cover if you have it..but it would need to be "whole" and undamaged.
I know it's small potatoes...but always something to kick off.
Hopefully your MOT right-off might be someone else's project as these Ltds are getting very thin on the ground.
Good luck with your "new" one. It's barely "run in"!
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby paulfhome » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:43 pm

By hood cover do you mean the tonneau cover? If so I know I have that in a loft somewhere. Never used it. I'm not at home right now (Took a week visiting family and checking out the new car) but I'll look for you over the weekend and let you know. As a heads up to everyone else it's going to be pretty much take it or leave on the car itself as it's locked up at the MOT garage waiting for me to arrange disposal so unless its simple to remove parts I wont have access and, to be honest, I already took the obvious things, mats, stereo, hardtop etc to transfer to the new car.
paulfhome

Postby OldSpice » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:50 pm

Yes...some call it a tonneau cover..not that it matters.
PM me a price IF it's unmarked and you don't need it for the new car....I'm only in Falkirk so it's not hard work to pick it up if the price is OK.
They go from £25.00 to £ utterly daft. Check out Fleabay yourself on that.
I presume it's black? If it's blue...even better but I'm not fussed either way.
I'm in no tearing rush by the way.
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby OldSpice » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Paul,
All our resto photos are locked up in Photobucket...but there is a Chrome Extension Bypass (!) to post photos without the ransom.
Here we go.
This was ours a while back. The last image is the finished product.
Wings ( rear), sills, and pukka OEM chassis rails done, plus a good few litres of Bilt Hamber stuff injected, and a good repaint.
Finished off with an SS exhaust and Rota Gt3 alloys.
It will rot eventually else where....just a question of time.
How long is a piece of string?

Worth it all? Opinions differ.
Cheaper than an ND!
OldSpice

Postby paulfhome » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Thanks for the pics. I know it's a personal taste thing but, the beloved and I having had a day out courtesy of Mazda to try out the ND left us decidedly "meh" felt claustrophobic and not as in touch with the road as our old Mk2.5. Hence the decision to stick with more of the same (Just fresher and better!) hopefully I will get pics of the new one up in the photo gallery. Along with a major question
paulfhome

Postby OldSpice » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:25 pm

No worries Paul. Good to meet you the other day.
Did you spot the single skin ( genuine) Mazda chassis rail replacment? Wink wink...makes you wonder!
OldSpice

Return to For-Sale (non trade)