Shiney Bonnet

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

Shiney Bonnet

Postby 71NotOut » Sun May 30, 2010 1:21 am

Posted a thread a few weeks ago when I got my MX5.

One of the little niggles it had were some bird crap stains in the paint on the bonnet which I hoped would buff out.

I bought myself a new dual-action buffer and some Menzerna polishes especially for soft paint (which the Mazda has), also got some new Collinite 915 wax at the same time.

Today I finally got round to having a go at the bonnet, and to say i'm happy with the results is an understatement!

I'll let the photos do the talking.

Last weekend I attacked my Mrs' yellow Suzuki Ignis as the paint had become quite oxidized. It was difficult to see when the whole car was like that, but you can see the before and after comparison in the following photos!

Cheers,
Steven
Previously in a 2003 Montana, now in a 1991 V-Special...
71NotOut
OC Member
Steven Hedley
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Shiney Bonnet

Postby Sifidelity » Sun May 30, 2010 10:47 am

Wow that shine is amazing. Thing I might have to pick up some of that polish myself.
Good job!
Sifidelity

Postby BestGear » Sun May 30, 2010 12:02 pm

71NotOut wrote:I bought myself a new dual-action buffer and some Menzerna polishes especially for soft paint (which the Mazda has), also got some new Collinite 915 wax at the same time.
Cheers,
Steven

Welcome to the world of detailing!

I am sure your garage will soon be full of various products..half of which you will never use once you have found your favourites.

The snake oil is alive and well in and stocked by nearly all detailing suppliers!

I would see what the pro's use to protect the Suzuki yellow... you may be best to layer on a glaze or other product to help the UV fading it again - Colly may not be enough.

David
BestGear

Postby 71NotOut » Sun May 30, 2010 12:35 pm

Oh i'm already there mate!

Got a foam lance, super snow foam, lots of Jeffs Werkstatt stuff, and some Poorboys as well as the traditional Autoglym.

I put a coat of Nattys paste wax over the 915 as it's good for yellow cars.
Previously in a 2003 Montana, now in a 1991 V-Special...
71NotOut
OC Member
Steven Hedley
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Photo Gallery