Godfrey's first photo shoot

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

Godfrey's first photo shoot

Postby Blondie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:13 pm

I've had my 1995 1.8 MX-5 Godfrey for a week now, and at the weekend he had his first almighty wash and polish, and general spring clean.

After staring at him lovingly for a while :wink: , I decided to take him for a spin. My other half had just finished spring cleaning his 323f so we took them for a run and got these pics.

Blondie

Re: Godfrey's first photo shoot

Postby IanH » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Nice pics, cars looking good :D
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby alf » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Stunning ! the cars nice as well !!!!
colin
alf
OC Member
colin michie
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Blondie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks Ian.

Behave yourself Colin! :oops:
Blondie

Postby alf » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Ok then :D
colin
alf
OC Member
colin michie
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby crian » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:43 pm

:PHi!- it is Colene? aka Blondie?

Just saw your photos - wow! look at that absolute sparkle! Only grubby bit is your tyres- should have washed the treads!! Honestly- I can see that certain deep look in your eye- somebody is sure smitten!

I would like to get the code for that mag you referred to- like many others I see! Will you post it soon? When you have time between polishes -that is! I'm really pleased that I will be able to id you - when your on a run - it's quite bewildering when suddenly confronted with a fair crowd of new faces- and even harder when they are nearly under aliases!

Anyway best wishes for happy drives- now that summer approaches...mmh ! better not say any more!

Regards. 8)
crian
crian

Postby Blondie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Haha!
Crian you cheeky sod!!! :lol: they were gleaming until we got to that bloomin carpark!!

I've posted a reply- can't find a product number anywhere on the book. Will take it with me on m first meet, which looks like it'll be for bowling and chips!

Looking forward to getting the top down again soon - crappy winter = amazing summer??? Fingers crossed!

Colene
Blondie

Postby tjay » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:10 am

Both look really good !!! lol !! pity about the red car there eh !! lol
cheers,
Tommy
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby PaulDS » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:19 am

Lovely motor Colene.
Nice photo too.
Also like your hubbies 323, I have been looking around for one of those to transport forthcoming grandchild.
PaulDS

Postby slartibartfast » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:49 am

Tidy looking wee car 8)

I'm really not a "car cleaner" but I'm worried about my new obsession. We bought a Mk2 from our friend which is a sound wee car, but the red paint was a bit flat. I gave it an Autoglym polish and eventually got a enough time to give it a "high gloss" coat.

I can't bear to go out in it when it's dirty now !. We were going to nip down the town on Saturday but I had to give it a wash and a chamois first coz it had a bird poo on the boot and it had dust spots on it after the rain.

I'm really worried now !

I guess if you are someone who just doesn't "get" the enjoyment that can be had out of owning a simple elderly car which brushes up nicely, then no amount of explanation will sway the discussion :)
slartibartfast
OC Member

Postby Blondie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:49 am

Tommy - ta! Haha the 323f has been ours for 3 years now and it's a fab car.

PaulDS - We're actually going to be selling the 323 in June after its MOT - saving for something newer. Keep in touch if you're interested.

slartibastfast - It is an obsession! Came home last night and some seagulls had completely sprayed poor Godfrey :( I was using T Cut for Godfrey but his paint is still quite good so I'm back on Autoglym now. The T Cut was just too blooming difficult to work with too. But once it's been polished, interior done and is gleaming, it's a sadly satisfying feeling!
Blondie

Return to Photo Gallery