MX5 20th anniversary model

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

Re: MX5 20th anniversary model

Postby The Master » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:19 am

Hey Icedragon,

Am also new to this board, but have been reading it for a long time as I'm currently thinking of changing my RX-8, which is a truly awesome car to drive and I love it to bits, however I am seriously thinking of changing it to a MX-5. I do like the looks of the MX-5, but I must agree with some of the posters on here that the stickers do make this one look a bit cheap and tacky, but each to there own I suppose lol. You must be one of these girly's that just likes to stand out from the crowd, so good on you !!!! Just taking a wild guess here, but I bet that you are a hair dresser lol !!!! :lol:
The Master

Postby Dalhousie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:18 am

That's a bit cheeky :lol:

Now this :-

http://www.luxurylaunches.com/auctions/ ... rcedes.php

might suit a hairdressser
Dalhousie
OC Member

Postby Colin » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:49 am

Icedragon, excellent post; sure it brought a smile to many faces!

As the most distinctive MX-5 for miles around, at least you're guaranteed a few waves from fellow owners in the Tasyide area. Enjoy the car.
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Postby icedragon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:27 pm

The Master wrote:Hey Icedragon,

Am also new to this board, but have been reading it for a long time as I'm currently thinking of changing my RX-8, which is a truly awesome car to drive and I love it to bits, however I am seriously thinking of changing it to a MX-5. I do like the looks of the MX-5, but I must agree with some of the posters on here that the stickers do make this one look a bit cheap and tacky, but each to there own I suppose lol. You must be one of these girly's that just likes to stand out from the crowd, so good on you !!!! Just taking a wild guess here, but I bet that you are a hair dresser lol !!!! :lol:

LOL No not a hairdresser, but if the cap fits i'll wear it over my buffon LOL, are you by any chance going through a Mid Lifer :D I have a sneaky suspicion you are one of the guy from my work taking the p**s outta me
1.8 20th Anniversary (yes and it has all the graphics still on)
icedragon

Postby icedragon » Tue May 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Hiya everybody

Would just like to let you all know I picked up Herbie yesterday :lol:

What a fantastic wee car the MX5 is, I just need to get used to the tweensy interior. Hope to see some of you around Dundee I'm sure you'll know it's me with all those stickers hehe, I also feel it drives better than my RX8 did, not as fast but hell of alot better on fuel and oil 8)
icedragon

Postby rockdoc » Wed May 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Lovely looking 5-even with the decals :mrgreen:
PROJECT DR EVIL- OLD MODEL-NEW PARTS
Trackdog school of driving attendee! deer attack survivee
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php? ... =tis+begun
rockdoc

Postby Malc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:32 pm

icedragon wrote:Hiya everybody

Would just like to let you all know I picked up Herbie yesterday :lol:

What a fantastic wee car the MX5 is, I just need to get used to the tweensy interior. Hope to see some of you around Dundee I'm sure you'll know it's me with all those stickers hehe, I also feel it drives better than my RX8 did, not as fast but hell of alot better on fuel and oil 8)

Where is this car?
That's 4 weeks now and I haven't seen it around yet.

By the way - you missed a nice run and a chance to show off your new car on Sunday 23rd May. :wink:
Clicky thing
Malc

Postby icedragon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:49 am

Hi Malc

I was in Invergowrie just the other day with the hood down and wind in my barnet :D
icedragon

Postby petrov » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi Icedragon,

I'm beginning to like this car;cos it's a one off ! I've got a 10Ae and it was a ltd edition. Yours is one of a kind! suggestion: take all the red decals off it and replace the seat covers with blue & white leather seats ! finally being me, i would take off 20 and replace with a magnificent 7 :lol: Add a proper sounding exhaust (why do mazda always do that to the mx5) ? Add a s/ch and I'm laughing !

But i will wait till the next mod comes around before i part with "scary mary" or until the "furai" comes into my price bracket ! Still yours looks cool,decals and all.

ps:gie's a shot ?
:offtopic3: :offtopic6:
petrov

Postby Ronnie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:46 am

I also bought one of these 20AE models but got the decals taken off. I love the colour and think that it is a big improvement over my 1998 Mk2. It could do with a tad more power but then 5's aren't all about speed and performance. I took delivery on May 1 and have never been out of it since then. Weather has been cracking as well which is a real bonus.

Ronnie
2010 Mk3.5 20 AE
Pearlescent White Mica
"Beryl the Pearl"
OC 14725 (lapsed)
Ronnie

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery