In the snow

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

In the snow

Postby mnp1962 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:05 pm

Well as you all know we had a lot of snow over the last week or snow. Still have over a foot up here in the Highlands. As you can see by the pics the MX5 takes it's rightful place in the garage while the wifes micra sits in the drive. My civic can not even get down the drive at present.

Martin
MK1 1.6 mariner blue, import
mnp1962

Re: In the snow

Postby IanH » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:32 pm

Mine has not been out of the garage in a while either, starting to get withdrawal symptoms :?
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby sarahlc » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:11 pm

I've done over 500 miles in mine since this snow and ice type weather started off including and trip up and back to my parents house in Aberdeenshire. Its great fun as long as you take it careful.
sarahlc
OC Member
Sarah Close
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Colin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:33 pm

IanH wrote:Mine has not been out of the garage in a while either, starting to get withdrawal symptoms :?

Same here, that's a full week I've not been able to get it up the lane outside the house. Can't get more salt and I've heard a rumour that all new salt suppies are now being directed away from the supermarkets towards the gritters, so I'll be holding fast for another couple of days to see what happens.

Mind you, enjoyed a 40 minute walk today to get milk!
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Postby PaulDS » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:23 am

Must be bad everywhere else because we've got he the snow now :P
Turned the engine over for a few minutes yesterday, but she has not been out either.
PaulDS

Postby IanH » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:03 pm

sarahlc wrote:I've done over 500 miles in mine since this snow and ice type weather started off including and trip up and back to my parents house in Aberdeenshire. Its great fun as long as you take it careful.

Sarah does that include going past Inverurie on the A96? I spotted a silver 5 there that I did not recognise with an MX-5 Scotland sticker on the back a few weeks ago.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby sarahlc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:15 pm

IanH wrote:Sarah does that include going past Inverurie on the A96? I spotted a silver 5 there that I did not recognise with an MX-5 Scotland sticker on the back a few weeks ago.

Yes that might of been me. :D
sarahlc
OC Member
Sarah Close
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby iainf » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:16 pm

I'm currently sitting it out near Chapel of Garioch... 5 was fun getting here with the ice but the snow last night and today means not going anywhere tonight... Might be seeing in the new year up here!
Iain Fleming
National Events | Branding, Press & PR | Merchandise www.mx5oc.co.uk/store
iainf
OC Member
Iain Fleming
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby CarolB » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Have also been using mine as the daily driver (no other choice :lol: ) since the snow started here on the 19 Dec - I can't remember the last time the central belt had snow lie like this for a sustained period and have more fall every day!

Side streets have been 'interesting' to drive on, as was the Xmas Day drive to my parent's - up a single track road (no grit, no plough) road at Loch Lomond - I was fed and thrown out again before the fresh snow re-froze late afternoon. Not sure if my dad's gift of 2 sacks of sand and 20L of cat litter in the boot is making a difference to the stability of the car but it's nice to know he cares :D

Has everyone got hard-tops on? I finally retrieved mine from ex-partner's garage today :evil: but it's never been fitted to the car properly and will leak if I use it. Am I likely to ruin my roof leaving it out in all weathers? It was last water-proofed in October.
2005 Mk 2.5 1.8 Sport in Radiant Ebony
CarolB
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby sarahlc » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:15 am

Carol your roof will be fine, I don't have a hardtop. This is the third winter I have had with my car and roof is just as good as when I got the car.
sarahlc
OC Member
Sarah Close
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby CarolB » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:40 pm

Thanks Sarah - the roof seems fine just now but I didn't want to be ruining it needlessly.
2005 Mk 2.5 1.8 Sport in Radiant Ebony
CarolB
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Photo Gallery