How to put photos on this section

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

How to put photos on this section

Postby IanN » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:41 am

NEW PHOTO GALLERY SECTION

Why not place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

Instructions: How to put photos onto this forum section.

The first thing you have to understand is that due to memory space limits it is not possible to upload photos directly onto the website posts. The way it’s done is to first upload your photos to another website ie http://photobucket.com. Once you have registered with them and uploaded your photos into your album you can then link them to our website.

How to do it:

1. Login to photobucket
2. Browse to your album and find the required photo
3. Click on the required photo
4. Click resize Large (640 x 480)
5. At the left hand side of the image you should see a box with Share this image
6. Click on the IMG Code in the box, it should bring up a caption saying copied.
7. You can now go to the MX-5 Scotland Website
8. Create a new post or open the forum post you wish to use
9. In the text box right click and paste the IMG link
10. It should look something like this:
Code: Select all
[img]http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww263/Ian/MX-5%20Parts%20for%20sale/Cases4.jpg[/img]

11. Add text as required and click submit
12. Your photo should now be displayed on the website
13. If you wish to put more than one image in the post, repeat steps 1 to 9 above for each photo.
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: How to put photos on this section

Postby Rick and Julie » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:57 pm

Help this did not work. Look at trying to download, can you advise where I went wrong as I was attempting to follow your instructions.
Thanks, Julie
Rick and Julie

Postby happypetsservices » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:22 pm

would like to share phots but no chance of me following that series of instructions, I'm just not very computer oriented sorry
email: happypetsservices@yahoo.co.uk

1995 Classic Red 1.8is.
happypetsservices

Postby drumtochty » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:20 am

Ian

What's this about a lack of storage, it is cheap and at the camera club I'm a member of, we put up lots of images on the website at little cost. I know as I was the treasurer last year.

Lot's of members get little direct financial reward for being a member of the club other than using the site. What is the cost of putting a reasonable amount of extra storage on the site?

The only problem I can see is there is a technical problem with the particular web bulletin board programme we use, if that is not the case, I suggest an increase in hosting space to make it easier to upload pictures as the above quote from a member suggests people are not using the existing board as much as they could due to the problem with double hosting.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red Sold
18 Mk4 2.0 GT+
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Si » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:16 am

Eddie : there are no "technical problems" with the forum software currently in use. There is a facility to upload attachments to posts in the version of the software and I would encourage its use.

When composing a message (whether a new topic or a reply to an existing one) you will see a couple of tabs immediately below the Save, Preview and Submit buttons. One of those tabs is named "Upload Attachment". Clicking on it then allows you to upload a file (photo) from your own computer on to the site. Once the attachment has then been uploaded you will then see a list of "POSTED ATTACHMENTS" between the area where you compose your message and the Save, Preview and Submit buttons. You can then choose to place the image inline by clicking the "Place inline" button. All this means is that your image will then appear within your post (rather than as a link to the attachment/image).

thumb_member_2_1250028188.jpg
Simon's Small Thumnail image
thumb_member_2_1250028188.jpg (3.21 KiB) Viewed 8468 times

I've never heard of anyone joining a club for "financial reward". It's not about what you get out, it's what you can put in that's important!

Simon
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby drumtochty » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:35 am

Great Simon that sorts it!

Si wrote: It's not about what you get out, it's what you can put in that's important!
Simon

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
18 Mk4 2.0 GT+
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby hortibob » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:16 pm

Si wrote:Eddie : there are no "technical problems" with the forum software currently in use. There is a facility to upload attachments to posts in the version of the software and I would encourage its use.

When composing a message (whether a new topic or a reply to an existing one) you will see a couple of tabs immediately below the Save, Preview and Submit buttons. One of those tabs is named "Upload Attachment". Clicking on it then allows you to upload a file (photo) from your own computer on to the site. Once the attachment has then been uploaded you will then see a list of "POSTED ATTACHMENTS" between the area where you compose your message and the Save, Preview and Submit buttons. You can then choose to place the image inline by clicking the "Place inline" button. All this means is that your image will then appear within your post (rather than as a link to the attachment/image).

Please be aware tho, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB
Mk 2.5 Montana 2003
hortibob

Postby drumtochty » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:15 pm

Which is a more than enough for forum browsing and it keeps storage requirements down.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
18 Mk4 2.0 GT+
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby ColinB » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Instead of photo bucket is anyone using Flickr? If so how do I get my pictures from there to here?
Cheers
Colin
ColinB
OC Member
Colin Bell
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Photo Gallery