Lookin Good !

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

Lookin Good !

Postby Mamore » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:51 am

Mamore

Re: Lookin Good !

Postby Sprockutt » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:02 am

Really like the colour combo of green with the tan interior. Think the Mk1 suits the solid colours best.

Whatever you do make sure you get a geo set up done. I was given that advice by Oldspice and I am very
glad I listened to him. If its done right it transforms the car and brings it to life.
Sprockutt

Postby FTW » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Thread title doesn't disappoint :lol:

I always loved that particular colour combo on the NA's - may even have bought one myself but I wouldn't have been able to put my number plate on it :(
FTW

Postby Mamore » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:50 am

Sprockutt wrote:Really like the colour combo of green with the tan interior. Think the Mk1 suits the solid colours best.

Whatever you do make sure you get a geo set up done. I was given that advice by Oldspice and I am very
glad I listened to him. If its done right it transforms the car and brings it to life.

Hi,you'll have to enlighten me, whats a geo setup?
Mamore

Postby Sprockutt » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:55 am

Mamore wrote:
Sprockutt wrote:Really like the colour combo of green with the tan interior. Think the Mk1 suits the solid colours best.

Hi,you'll have to enlighten me, whats a geo setup?

Sorry for the abbreviation...it's a geometry set up. Not sure where you are based but Oldspice is from the Falkirk area and recommended Pro-Grip in Larbert. I just went to my local place in East Kilbride called Automek who also have the kit required to do the full geometry set up. Generally the settings everyone seems to have done is 'fast road'. I printed off the settings as recommended by Flyin Miata and they set up my car as close as possible to them. It makes a huge difference depending obviously when your car has last been set up. Even from factory the geometry set up had quite a wide specification so even newer cars might benefit. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but have been researching and listening to advice.

Flyin Miata settings here..
http://www.flyinmiata.com/tech/alignment.php

I did also have a full set of Toyo Proxes fitted which would make a difference but generally the car now feels more planted and alive if that makes any sense. I would say that it feels more like a sports car should and I am slowly gaining more confidence driving it. I nearly ended up in a hedge due to coolant dumping onto the road and the back end suddenly stepping out. I wasn't going that fast round a sweeping bend but I now suspect the shit Chinese tyres that were on the rear might have contributed to way the car lost its grip when the coolant hit the road/tyres. Hence the decision to bin them and have some decent rubber fitted all round. Probably the best upgrade you can do to these cars.

It now reminds me of my day spent in a Caterham. It's still more relaxed than that and not as precise but it is certainly more sensitive to steering input and much more fun to drive which is the point of us owning these wee cars after all. :)
Sprockutt

Return to Photo Gallery