Knockhill Track Night

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

Knockhill Track Night

Postby Fluoxetine » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Couple of snaps of my first trackday in the '5 from the 21st of July, taken by the excellent John Stewart of Flat Out Photography (http://www.flatoutphotography.com/)

And a little video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4GGNmsXmfs

:mrgreen:
Fluoxetine

Re: Knockhill Track Night

Postby gm » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Excellent ! I missed that one by being stuck on holiday, mrs GM would not let me come home a day early :D

Have you signed up for 20th August ? I'll be there in my shiny new mk1, can't wait.
gm

Postby Fluoxetine » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:25 pm

gm wrote:Excellent ! I missed that one by being stuck on holiday, mrs GM would not let me come home a day early :D

Have you signed up for 20th August ? I'll be there in my shiny new mk1, can't wait.

It was rather good fun - Best lap time (worked out after the event - No live timing allowed!) was 69.7 secs, and I was pleased to break 70 secs, especially given the fact I hadn't driven KH since 2006 / it was my first time out with the '5. (At least another second to come, once I get brave enough to carry enough speed into Duffus to invoke a slight drift... :wink: )

Dog slow on the straights - VMAX was 91mph on the back straight / 90mph up the pit banana straight.

I'm toying with turbo'ing the car - It's bog standard (bar the big front discs) and I've 95% of the bits lying in the garage to do it - But having a wobble over selling everything and getting another Elise / Caterham or even a nice Mk5 Golf GTi for road use... :oops:

Time will tell - Unfortunately I'm working away on the 20th, but interested to hear how you go! :)
Fluoxetine

Postby Fluoxetine » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:40 pm

Booked for Oulton Park in November, so looks like I'm keeping it a while longer... :)

Just need to fit the Teins and get it geo'd. Turbo can wait till next year. :wink: :mrgreen:
Fluoxetine

Return to Photo Gallery