Page 1 of 1

my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:35 pm
by Chrisj
this could end up with quite a few photos in it, usually i tend to shoot landscapes so the Mx will provide plenty of scope to practice my car photography!

Anyway was out for a little run up the coast tonight, so here are a couple quick ones from Cruden Bay...

ImageDSC_0022 by chrisj_abz, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0019 by chrisj_abz, on Flickr

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:07 pm
by IanN
Great pictures of a cool car :)

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:03 am
by Chrisj
had a busy day saturday, when i got the car it had a little bit of a droning noise, so decided to be on the safe side and ordered up two front wheel bearings, and headed to my mate craigs garage to use his ramp.

so swapped those over, and fitted the Larini back box, pipercross induction filter and its transformed the car, the exhaust note is lovely! Nice and burbly without being too boomy at speed.

Once id had a wee blast to check its all ok, headed back to my garage and fitted my audiolink ipod adaptor as well which was a bit fiddly but not too bad. last job was fitting the style bar which was probably about the easiest one to do.

Celebrated with a wee evening run up the coast to cruden bay with the missus and ended up at the ashvale for chips.

Next job is to get the 15" alloys refurbed, but that may have to wait till next month..

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:13 pm
by Chrisj
Image
mx5 by chrisj_abz, on Flickr

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:55 pm
by Chrisj

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:26 pm
by Jim E
Looks great...I do love your Alloys..

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:05 pm
by Chrisj
more piccys.............


Image
headlight by chrisj_abz, on Flickr

Image
mx woodpile by chrisj_abz, on Flickr

steadily making my mark on the car, mx5 parts black grille fitted and ive changed the stereo to my Alpine unit as the standard stereo started playing up.

Ive won some bits on ebay too, pair of standard fog lights so i can get rid of those dodgy grilles in the bumper and a soundboard to go in the style bars to give a bit better sound. might have a wee shop on mx parts at the end of the month, new gearknob and handbrake sleeve to lift the black interior and if i cant find a second hand one, the dual fog light switch.

though i really need to get the mini on the road for the show season so funds might go to that instead, too many cars not enough pennies!

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:35 pm
by Bert
ha looking good chris my mawn

if ur after some second hand bits mx5nutz.com has a heeving for sale section...literally need to be quick and they work on a "dibs" system which to be honest is a load of crap.

my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:55 pm
by havoc1
Looking good matey.

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:11 pm
by Jim E
Chrisj wrote:more piccys.............


Image
headlight by chrisj_abz, on Flickr

Image
mx woodpile by chrisj_abz, on Flickr

steadily making my mark on the car, mx5 parts black grille fitted and ive changed the stereo to my Alpine unit as the standard stereo started playing up.

Ive won some bits on ebay too, pair of standard fog lights so i can get rid of those dodgy grilles in the bumper and a soundboard to go in the style bars to give a bit better sound. might have a wee shop on mx parts at the end of the month, new gearknob and handbrake sleeve to lift the black interior and if i cant find a second hand one, the dual fog light switch.

though i really need to get the mini on the road for the show season so funds might go to that instead, too many cars not enough pennies!





If your looking for a smart gear knob see Richard Nicol on here, I was up at his place last week, he had a well smart chrome job, not the usual rubbish, had the right thread..........Ive already bought a Momo one otherwise... :(
Cars looking great keep the pictures coming

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:12 pm
by Chrisj
soundboard fitted and connected, makes such a difference to the sound.

Fog lamps fitted but not wired up yet, dunno whether to have them as fog lamps or wired into main beam circuit, one to ponder for a wee while.....

also removed the front number plate plinth, front end looks much better now! :D

Image
mx new front by chrisj_abz, on Flickr

trying some rig type shots, need to try this again when its darker so i can get a bit more blur.

Image
mx rig by chrisj_abz, on Flickr

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:06 pm
by Jim E
More fine pics mate.......nice :D

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:23 pm
by IanH
Nice shots, what are you using for the elevated camera mount?

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:46 pm
by Chrisj
tripod, two legs jammed behind the seats then the other leg sitting on the back shelf, didnt go much more than about 5 mph to be honest, if i was going to try it again at a higher speed i think id add some bungees to make sure things dont fly off!

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:37 pm
by bb67
Fantastic pics and a lovely car.

I have recently bought an immaculate Mk2.5 and am going through the newbie ebay over-enthusiasm just now. Have just ordered stainless style (roll) bars and a stainless mesh grill. I see you don't have a grill yet, but reckon that may be next on your "to do" list.

Love the front fogs. Personally I'd wire them in with the main beam.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

BB

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 am
by Czinski
A very nice car indeed and great photos!

I too have a silver Mk2.5 so it's always nice to see others to get some ideas and inspiration from!

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:20 am
by drumtochty
Chrisj wrote:Fog lamps fitted but not wired up yet, dunno whether to have them as fog lamps or wired into main beam circuit, one to ponder for a wee while.....



I have found foglights basically useless as modern dipped headlights have a very shartp cut off that prevents glare comming back to the driver.

If you like the look fit but do not wire as I think that is no longer an MOT fail.

If you wire up via a relay switched from the main beam they will be of very little extra help but you cannot leave them on without the main beam and get a fine for having them on in normal conditions as they are controlled by the main beam headlamp switch.

If you wire via a relay that is switched via an iluminated foglamp switch. In my honest opinion they are of very limited use in fog and if you leave them on and are stopped by the police with them on in normal driving conditions you can be fined.

eddie

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:08 pm
by Bert
Hey guys

Chris hasnt been on for a bit as he wasn't well there. Went in for an operation, and is out now and doing well.

He hasn't been able to drive for near a year due To an epileptic fit.

But I'll tell him that there are comments here

Re: my 03 Mk2.5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:26 pm
by Czinski
Bert wrote:Hey guys

Chris hasnt been on for a bit as he wasn't well there. Went in for an operation, and is out now and doing well.

He hasn't been able to drive for near a year due To an epileptic fit.

But I'll tell him that there are comments here


Didn't realise the thread was a year old when I replied!

I'm new here and don't know Chris but wishing him all the best and hope he gets back in the driving seat soon!