Car audio installers - Aberdeen

All things to do with In Car Entertainment and music in general (latest CDs, gigs, etc)

Car audio installers - Aberdeen

Postby bmv6197 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi all,

I recently bought a new car stereo (not for my MX5 but for my old Audi daily driver), to replace the existing one. The old one was already an aftermarket unit (a 6 year old Kenwood one), so a wiring harness adaptor had already been fitted. I'd hoped it would be a simple unplug-the-old-and-replug-the-new kind of job... Alas no, while 95% of the connections just swap over, there are a couple of extraneous wires (one of them being power!) so I'm looking for a car audio installer around Aberdeen who can help out without charging a fortune for a complete installation job. After all, I've already removed the old unit and put in the new one, so I'm just looking for them to sort those last couple of wires.

Any recommendations of trusted installers in the 'deen would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Brad.
1995 Mazda MX5 1.8iS (BRG)
1996 Eunos Roadster VR Limited (Combination B) [Now sold]
bmv6197

Re: Car audio installers - Aberdeen

Postby skatty » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Try Googling the make of car and the make of the radio, someone somewhere will hopefully have done it already, and posted an easy solution... we had this problem with a Golf and it was just a case of moving two wires and all was well again..... Best of luck.................
skatty

Re: Car audio installers - Aberdeen

Postby bmv6197 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks Skatty - only problem is that as it's already had an aftermarket head unit fitted, it's no longer a "standard" Audi set-up. And looking at the wires, it's hard to tell whether the person who fitted the first aftermarket unit did it well and logically or not... So a how-to guide for fitting a Blaupunkt unit to an Audi unfortunately won't help me.

B.
1995 Mazda MX5 1.8iS (BRG)
1996 Eunos Roadster VR Limited (Combination B) [Now sold]
bmv6197

Return to ICE and Music