pmr

All things to do with In Car Entertainment and music in general (latest CDs, gigs, etc)

pmr

Postby Tom » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:24 pm

Does anyone know if/where I can get a headset and boom mic for a BT freeway fm radio?

I tried all the ones in maplin this afternoon, but the P.T.T. didn't work on any of them.

Cheers, Tom.
Tom

Postby graeme » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:34 pm

Does anyone know what I can do with the boom mike for my BT Freeway now I don't have the radio anymore?
graeme

Postby DouglasH » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:07 pm

The Maplin boom mics don't work on the later Freeway radios (fm ones being latest / blue and red ones being earliest)
DouglasH

Postby graeme » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:19 am

You learn something new every day 8-/
graeme

Postby Tom » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:22 pm

The guy at maplins in Falkirk was very helpful, in letting me open up all the packs and trying them, but had no idea about the products!

Thanks for the info Douglas, it's really the in ear part thats a problem in that it won't stay in. Might make something out of a set of aeroplane headphones I have.(glue and sticky backed plastic time!).

On closer inspection of the hands free kit I've got, there's 3 connection points on each of the pins(like stereo pins) at Maplins all had only 2.

Cheers Guys, Tom.
Tom

Re: pmr

Postby Triumphdave » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:45 am

You know we can use CB units these days, and being lower frequencies 27mhz means the range is better, plus you can just use a mic, like a trucker.

The use of the mic is allowed while driving too! Just make sure you are not doing a power slide at the time! Lol
Also you have ch9 for emergencies.

What ya think?
Life is Endless Adventure!
MX-5 Silver 2002 1.8 Mk 2.5
Triumph America Black
Triumphdave
OC Member
David Brightman
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby DTB » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Triumphdave wrote:What ya think?

Not meaning to sound disrespectful, but I think you need to pay attention to the date of the threads. 7 years and 3 months had passed since this thread was last alive :wink:
DTB

Postby IanH » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Nevertheless a potentially useful update.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby Triumphdave » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:07 am

yeah i didn't look at the date, as It was in the forum for peeps ta reed. lol.

If its not relevant today after all these years then maybe old subjects could be removed.

But its still relevant and as a new member, I got some involvement in it and suggested something that might help fellow drivers.
I have used PMR's before and because of their band are more line of sight than the lower freq band used by CB.
Also the CB with the power mike would be useful for solo drivers too, this allows all channel changes to be made on the mic and not the body of the radio.

Happy Truckin doodz
Life is Endless Adventure!
MX-5 Silver 2002 1.8 Mk 2.5
Triumph America Black
Triumphdave
OC Member
David Brightman
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to ICE and Music