Hands free, iPod, MP3, Aux Cheap'n'cheerful.

All things to do with In Car Entertainment and music in general (latest CDs, gigs, etc)

Postby Kirky007 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Bargain of the century. For my old 1998 Berkeley I've just bought from Ebay a brand new, an all singing, all dancing cracking bit of kit that took me less than 10 minutes to fit and about 20 minutes to set up. It's a bluetooth radio which doesn't come with a CD player. Why? Because CD's are old hat. This thing has a USB, an Aux 3mm jack & a slot for an SD card on the front so you can put music on a stick or plug in your scabby MP3 player or put all of the worlds music on a large memory card.
The bluetooth side of it will allow you to connect any device like an iPod or phone to play through the system. The handsfree will work after initially pairing your phone by bluetooth, afterwards it connects automatically when you get in the car. The mic is on the radio face so no wires. Radio shuts down then starts ringing on a receipt of a call, press a button to receive through system. Down side is you need to press dial on your phone to initiate a call but as soon as this is done the radio takes over, shows the number etc. The radio itself is very good for sound quality..... and here's the best bit..... £39.99 with free delivery. Search for and check out Ebay item number 300661729496.
Kirky007

Re: Hands free, iPod, MP3, Aux Cheap'n'cheerful.

Postby petrov » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:02 am

Ipods don't use bluetooth ! Aux in via mini - jack.
petrov

Postby Si » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:13 pm

petrov wrote:Ipods don't use bluetooth ! Aux in via mini - jack.

iPod touch does.
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby frinchxy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:15 am

How do I put music on my mp3 player from my computer? I have a phillips gogear vibe mp3 player. I didn't receive any software with it. I have songs in limewire I would like to put in my mp3 player but I don't know how. Can you help me?
Last edited by frinchxy on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
frinchxy

Postby Bert » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:41 pm

frinchxy wrote:How do I put music on my mp3 player from my computer? I have a phillips gogear vibe mp3 player. I didn't receive any software with it. I have songs in limewire I would like to put in my mp3 player but I don't know how. Can you help me?

Plug ur mp3 player into ur comp and it'll auto install the software or go to my computer and it should be there.

Then just drag ur songs into the folder
Bert

Postby Rugger » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:51 am

Software and the drivers can be found here.....

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbi ... k_Software

:) :)
1992 Mk1 eunos roadster.....gone to a new home
2006 Mk3 2.0 Sports

Founder member of PHD motor tractors association.
Rugger
OC Member
Andy Wylie
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to ICE and Music