old skool install

All things to do with In Car Entertainment and music in general (latest CDs, gigs, etc)

old skool install

Postby monkey_biz » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:33 am

ok ive had a few nice comments about my eunos install so i thought id do a pictorial write up
shame i didnt do any pictures of building the boot but it was only a couple of hours work

so

the boot as it stands so far, the back bourd was a pain due to so many bits of the boot stays running where i wanted to build the wall
so it was all notched and jigsawed into place. under the main floor will be a hidden and cooled amp rack with my PG mps 2240 amp, PG 215EQ and PG x series 5.1 passive crossover

the sub enclosure

the spare wheel and battery pannel

a wee peek into the sub box

inside there is a full fibreglass enclosure just a bit on the small side but not to much for my diamond 8" dual 4ohm sub

spent 2 hours yesterday doing the door builds
cut out 2 mounting rings from mdf
cut out 2 plates from ply and glue the rings to the plates using blocks to get the right angle

better seen here

cover with cloth and then fibreglass resin, note the stapples on one side. this bit fits behind the dash when the door is closed

cut out the speaker holes

and trim with material, i used carpet as i will be making new doorcards with these built into them at a later date

and fitted in the car. note a small amount of metal trimming will be required to get the speakers as low down in the corners as possible

and these will be fitted in the pods soon

next up will be the amp rack at the weekend
monkey_biz

Re: old skool install

Postby monkey_biz » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:43 am

oh incase anyone is wondering how the sub gets to the cabin, see that gap above my spare wheel, there will be a flared pipe from there right through to behind the drivers seat just to keep my kidneys in check :D
monkey_biz

Postby Bert » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:06 am

looking good man

i'm starting this on mine in the next couple of weeks when i get home.

planning the same kind of thing but i'll also be needing a wee fiberglass pod on my dash region for my tweeters.

but simply i love this
Bert

Postby monkey_biz » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:44 pm

all stripped out again including the spare wheel
decided to go in a different direction..... bit more complex
going for 110mm kef uniQ plus 160mm mid bass in front and a pair of 8's in the back in a full fibreglass enclosure incorporating the amp and crossover

anyone want a full bootbuild??? 30 quid????
monkey_biz

Return to ICE and Music