Hello Folks!!!!

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

Hello Folks!!!!

Postby HighlandMX5 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:12 am

:D Hi there peeps!!

Just a quick note to say hello!! I've been in the club now for just over a year, but due to work commitments have so far been unable to attend a run. Looking forward to getting time off work and attending the next one!! (roll on the summer!)
Fun is just the turn of a key away!!!!
HighlandMX5

Postby PaulDS » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:24 pm

Hi Highland,
I live close by in Findochty, if you ever in area call by, brown and white house gable end to east quey.
Been in club for nearly 4 years and drive a red Mk1.
Tell me about your car and I will keep an eye out for you.
Alternatively we can meet up, Mike9 from Ellon and Loftladderman are keen, lets see if we can arrange something one Sat.
Paul.
PaulDS

Postby HighlandMX5 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:18 pm

Hi Paul!!

Sounds like a great idea, perhaps we can organise a 'meet and drive' somewhere...

My poor car is currently 'trapped' in the garage, I'm having loc-block paving to the driveway and I can't get out for another week or so. I'm relegated to driving my old Cavalier :(

So what kind of cars do you all have?? This is my second '5', my first was a UK spec Mk1 1.8is in Laguna Blue, but I fell in love with a Mk1 1.6 Eunos V Special, and my wife wouldn't let me keep both. One had to go, and the Eunos had a much higher spec and there wasn't much difference in performance, so keep a look out for a BRG MX5, tan roof and champagne coloured BBS alloys in the Lossie/Forres/Elgin area.. :lol:
HighlandMX5

Hi Highland

Postby loftladderman » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:45 pm

Hi there Highland
Ive got four Roadsters mainly ' cause I am greedy ! LOL
All between 1989 and 1991 models (Imports).
3 Red and one White.
1 of them is my Greddy Turbo which is now my favourite :lol:

I have decided to sell two of them but I am not in a hurry LOL
One on the forum somewhere.

We are hoping for a run out soon but "I" am not organising it as I am useless at that sort of thing.
I am leaving this up to Paul....LOL
I am here this Saturday and gone again Monday.
Back for the following Saturday for a week to 10 days then offski again :-)
Work inteferes with pleasure I am afraid :(
Regards from Mack
Greddy Turbo :-)
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Postby HighlandMX5 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:53 pm

Hi Mack !!

I thought there was a shortage of '5s' up here in the north-east, and now I know why!! :o

Greddy turbo eh? I bet that punts on a bit!! Did you fit it yourself, buy it like that or have it done by a garage? The only engine mods I've done thus far is fit a K&N filter and make a titanium heat shield, other than that, it's pretty stock under the bonnet... :wink:

Where are going off to? I'm assuming that because of your geography that you are either an oil worker or fisherman? (Just a guess....) :?
HighlandMX5

Postby DouglasH » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:04 pm

Where are going off to? I'm assuming that because of your geography that you are either an oil worker or fisherman? (Just a guess....)

Sorry HighlandMX5, no offence...could'nt resist this, you might feel a little silly when you find out !! :wink:
DouglasH

Postby HighlandMX5 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:19 pm

Yep, Fair one, a bit of a generisation I suppose!! It's just most of the folks I know from Elgin to Aberdeen who have sports cars are either RAF,Fishermen or on the 'rigs'.....

That's my life all over, 50/50 chance of getting it right, and I still get it wrong!! :lol:
HighlandMX5

Highland

Postby loftladderman » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Douglas is laughing as he knows what I do for a living !
I could be a deep sea diver !
I could be an "undresser" for those page 3 photos as someone has to help em out their gear :lol:
But alas, nothing as exciting as that :cry:
Loftladderman sort of gives a wee clue :wink:

I fit Loft Ladders and do attic work such as POD's / flooring / roof lights etc etc.
My work takes me as far east as Latvia (Riga 3 times) and I have been as far west as Lubock in Texas (Twice). As far south as Gibraltar and as far north as Stromness.... so I get around a bit...LOL

No oil rigs for me as I get sea sick driving around Duthie park with the hood down in the RAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha haaaaaaaaaa
Regards from Mack
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Postby BillB » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:02 pm

If he has more than 3 fingers on each hand he is not an oil worker. By oil worker, I mean someone who actually has a hand in getting the stuff out of the well. Not some desk bound jockey shore side.

Bill
BillB

Bill

Postby loftladderman » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:01 pm

NAh
I need ALL my fingers for making rude gesticulating signs at other raod users who are always wanting to share my road with me ! :lol:
Regards from Mack
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Postby rosie04 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:25 pm

Hi
I just got my MX in May and am wondering what club you are on about as i would love to join. Non of the cars would be as wonderful as mine of course :D but it would be good to meet other enthusiasts. I stay in Inverness
rosie04

Postby PaulDS » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:06 pm

Hi Rosie 04,
Does it happen to be a BRG Mk2 and were you driving the Moray Firth Coast line week last Sunday???
Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside