North Scotland (East) going to 'The Gathering'

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

Postby Richardn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Unusual for a diff to go on a normally aspirated car
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
User avatar
MX-5 OC Club Member
 
Posts: 3219
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:43 pm
Location: Now in Herefordshire

Postby Detritus » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:10 pm

Richardn wrote:Unusual for a diff to go on a normally aspirated car


if it's gonna happen, it usually happens to me. :cry:
Detritus
User avatar
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: CRAIGELLACHIE

Postby The Pram » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:48 pm

Hope you get it fixed then and not with too much cost. Shall I score you off the list for sunday then?
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram
User avatar
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:59 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Postby Enjay » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:58 pm

Car failed the MOT on a minor point: handbrake. However, it's not just a cable tighten, the rear nearside caliper is slightly seized so it needs to be serviced. With any luck it will be fixed tomorrow morning but there are no guarantees the garage will be able to fit it in seeing as how he doesn't always work on Saturdays.

So, if I can be there, I'll join up in Ballater but don't count on me or book a lunch on anything. :?
Image
Enjay
User avatar
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:29 am
Location: Near Inverurie

Postby The Pram » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:15 pm

right oh then. we have one not looking likely and yourselves a possibility. Can you text or phone in the morning just to let me know so that I can pass this on to the hotel for the lunch booking. Ta.
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram
User avatar
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:59 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Postby Detritus » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:18 pm

The Pram wrote:Hope you get it fixed then and not with too much cost. Shall I score you off the list for sunday then?


I'm afraid so.

You never know, I may get a call in the morning to tell me it's ok.

But I wouldn't count on it.
Detritus
User avatar
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: CRAIGELLACHIE

Postby The Pram » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:04 am

Fingers crossed Ricky. If you can still make it then a text would be fine.
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram
User avatar
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:59 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Postby mike9jr » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:05 am

Looking good, at the moment.

Lorraine, i'll confirm later today, via text probably if thats ok??
Assuming I can let you know today (about lunchtime hopefully), is a lunch place still possible, for one...( :roll: )...
Mike
1.8 sv-t sport.
MX number 5!!
mike9jr
User avatar
OC Member
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:25 pm
Location: Udny Green, by the pond!!

Postby The Pram » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:19 am

Of course Mike, no problem. Ricky and Kim are dropping out so still room at the inn.
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram
User avatar
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:59 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Postby mike9jr » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:21 am

okey doke. get back to you as soon as I know for sure....
Mike
1.8 sv-t sport.
MX number 5!!
mike9jr
User avatar
OC Member
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:25 pm
Location: Udny Green, by the pond!!

Postby PaulDS » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:31 am

Richardn wrote:Unusual for a diff to go on a normally aspirated car


Yeh but the way Ricky drives :roll:

I feel sorry for the wee beastie at times :lol:
PaulDS
 
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: Findochty

Postby L111CHT » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:34 am

i got a reconditioned diff for a 1.6 eunos, shall i bring it with me :)



...also......I stayed in Braemar last night and drove up thru Glen Clunie/Glenshee this morning. Buggers have put chippings down on the roadway with 20mph warning signs. Like bloody pea gravel it is. Better be careful tomorrow :wink:
L111CHT
User avatar
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 5:41 pm
Location: Sunny Arbroath

Postby PaulDS » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:45 am

L111CHT wrote:i got a reconditioned diff for a 1.6 eunos, shall i bring it with me :)

:wink:


I know it's :offtopic2: but is it LSD
PaulDS
 
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: Findochty

Postby L111CHT » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:59 am

nah, just standard Paul.... :wink:
L111CHT
User avatar
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 5:41 pm
Location: Sunny Arbroath

I might make it

Postby Stonehaven » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:56 pm

I am hoping to get out to Glen Shee for a wee while, but I don't think I will make it to Aboyne by 10:45 so will probably see you there.
I won't be lunching.
Mk3.5 RC Sport Tech and Range Rover TDV8 - back in a 5 after five years of Porsches - everyone should own a 911 at some point

past: 95 Mazdaspeed B Spec MS13, R Ltd, 96 Gleneagles, 91 1.6 (killed), 95 California x2, 90G 1.6 + 5 more 5s

OC Member 3068
Stonehaven
User avatar
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:50 pm
Location: Aberdeenshire

Postby The Pram » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:58 pm

Right oh. see you there then with a bit of luck. You have PM too.
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram
User avatar
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:59 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Postby Enjay » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:47 am

The Pram wrote:Can you text or phone in the morning just to let me know so that I can pass this on to the hotel for the lunch booking. Ta.

OK, probably too late to catch you using this medium but I can't find your number. I plan to meet you in Ballater as per the plan you e-mailed. Just me because Pat will be minding der kinder. No lunch required.

If anyone who has Loarraine's number sees this, I'd really appreciate them texting her with a simple "Nigel will CU in Ballater." Thanks.
Image
Enjay
User avatar
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:29 am
Location: Near Inverurie

Postby Robin » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:19 am

Enjay wrote:
The Pram wrote:Can you text or phone in the morning just to let me know so that I can pass this on to the hotel for the lunch booking. Ta.

OK, probably too late to catch you using this medium but I can't find your number. I plan to meet you in Ballater as per the plan you e-mailed. Just me because Pat will be minding der kinder. No lunch required.

If anyone who has Loarraine's number sees this, I'd really appreciate them texting her with a simple "Nigel will CU in Ballater." Thanks.

Target aquired. Rendezvous understood. Mission Control out :lol:
Robin
 

Postby rockdoc » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:50 pm

Robin wrote:
Enjay wrote:
The Pram wrote:Can you text or phone in the morning just to let me know so that I can pass this on to the hotel for the lunch booking. Ta.

OK, probably too late to catch you using this medium but I can't find your number. I plan to meet you in Ballater as per the plan you e-mailed. Just me because Pat will be minding der kinder. No lunch required.

If anyone who has Loarraine's number sees this, I'd really appreciate them texting her with a simple "Nigel will CU in Ballater." Thanks.

Target aquired. Rendezvous understood. Mission Control out :lol:


Hope there,s no "blue on blue" :shock:
Image
PROJECT DR EVIL- OLD MODEL-NEW PARTS
Trackdog school of driving attendee! deer attack survivee
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php? ... =tis+begun
rockdoc
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:55 pm
Location: aberdeen

Postby malcolm » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:25 pm

What a cracking day out, Thanks Lorraine for leading us through those wonderful roads. Now ladies don't take this the wrong way, It's nice to see a lady that can handle her car and Lorraine certainly can. Brilliant drive back home with PaulDS and Tom. A big Thanks for everyone that was involved in the organising of this event and a big thumbs up from me to make this an annual event.
malcolm
 

PreviousNext

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests