Area Co-ordinator(s)

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

Area Co-ordinator(s)

Postby boringchap » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:41 am

Hi everyone,
just wondering what the current situation is regarding the North Scotland post(s), as STHT advertised the post(s) as vacant. Not being in a position to take on such a responsibility, I am still quite keen to help out by trying to organise a run for this season (as I am sure other fellow Northerners are too!), however I do not have any up-to-date information as to who, if anybody, has taken up the challenge of co-ordinator(s) role. I would be delighted to come along to any planning meeting that is arranged, wherever it is.
Cheers,
Tom.
boringchap
OC Member

Postby PaulDS » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:20 pm

Hi Tom,
Good to see you are willing to have a share. Seeing the commitment Bill and Linda had to put into the post, it isn't something I could take on either. However maybe like yourself I could help in some way. The last 2 years I have only managed to share a few runs or informal meets. It may be that this is the way we have to go up here in NE, casual and impromtu, ie weather looks good for coming weekend who wants to meet.....? One of the best runs for me last year was an impromtu meet with Mac and Mike 9 and Paul and drove through a cloud burst top down, stupid but fun! I know this goes against the clubs accepted protocols but it may be the only way we meet up. I see very little of other club members but see and speak to lots of 5 owners along the Moray Firth coast (always promoting the club ofcourse).
Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Postby graeme » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:12 pm

Remember that you're not stuck to the current areas. You can propose a new smaller area if that helps. However, the areas are based on postcodes and you would need to negotiate with the club about a new area. They are likely to be sympathetic, however. If you want a contact email address or more info, pm me or Douglas.
graeme

Postby graeme » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:17 pm

Also, let me pose the question: what is the difference between what you say you are willing to do and what the Area Co-ordinator is supposed to do? I don't think the answer is as big as you suspect it is. Again, anyone who wants to chat about it (without being railroaded), feel free to get in touch.
graeme

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside