Impromptu Jaunt

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

Impromptu Jaunt

Postby Detritus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:20 pm

Thanks to Kim's need to go in to work on Monday Morning, I am now going away on Monday eve instead of Sunday.

This leaves me in the unfortunate position of having Sunday completely free. :twisted: So I'm in the mood to go out to play.

I'll be at Tesco car park at 11am. Company would be very welcome.

Thought I might follow the route Poing took last week and head in the direction of Loch Ness. 8) I Know this route and it's excellent.

COME ON PEOPLE DON'T MAKE ME GO ON MY OWN, I'VE BEEN FLAT ON MY BACK ALL WEEK AND NEED SOME FUN. :D
Detritus

Postby st3v3 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:50 pm

Can't do anything tomorrow but is anyone planning a blast next weekend?
Enjoy your drive, looks like its going to be a super day.
Are we nearly there yet?
st3v3

Postby BillB » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:03 am

Hi folks, Linda and I are heading to the Grantown on Spey area this morning to try to find a suitable hotel/restaurant for Sunday lunch for the Central Scotland club run next weekend (Easter weekend).

As for a run next weekend, the Central Scotland members will be touring the North West of Scotland on Friday and Saturday, staying overnight in Ullapool on Friday, Lybster on Saturday and Huntly on Sunday. We are joining up with them for the full three days.

I can send the route to anyone interested in meeting up. We intend driving over to meet up with them in Fort Augustus on Friday lunchtime and then staying the whole weekend with them.
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby poing » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:18 am

Can't make this one Rick as Julie has a bad back so not ideal for getting chucked about in a little car on bumpy twisty roads.

Have fun though, the weather looks great right now :D
poing

Postby Detritus » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:04 pm

BillB wrote:Hi folks, Linda and I are heading to the Grantown on Spey area this morning to try to find a suitable hotel/restaurant for Sunday lunch for the Central Scotland club run next weekend (Easter weekend).

That's a pain. If I'd known you were heading for Grantown we could have met up. I headed down that way at one point but turned off back to Elgin.

Never mind maybe next time.
Detritus

Postby Detritus » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

So my BO is obviously worse than I thought.

Arrived at Tesco at 10.55 left at 11.15, one little car all alone.:(

But had a great day all the same. Started out by visiting Poing at Lossie. (Hope your back gets better soon Julie. Love your daft cat.)

Headed off along the coast road as far as Forres then on to the A96 for a mile or so and turned off to Dyke. Followed that road to Nairn and stopped in the harbour. Kim saw a seal which made her day.

Then on to the Cawdor road and got completely lost, but finished up at Pluscarden so easy back to Elgin. Great day and some excellent roads I didn't know existed. I'll have to go back and find them again.

Anyway not many pics, but some below.

Detritus

Postby Wesly » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:18 pm

those last two pictures are really nice!

bet your loving the twin exit now ?
any photos of the pipes?
No more Mx5... but the MR2 is a beast and a half!

Performance over Chrome!!!!
Wesly

Postby Detritus » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:03 am

Love the sound with the roof down but is a bit loud with it up.

Detritus

Postby poing » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:00 pm

Thanks for coming round to let me hear the exhaust, very appreciated. Only realised after you left that we didn't even invite you in :oops: Very rude of us, sorry, will go stand in the naughty corner and give myself a talking to. Although Kim looked very snug in the car :)

It's given me some thoughts on the exhaust thing now, was planning on buying a flyinmiata from USA from the goegeous sound clip I heard but I'll get a bigger headache from the passenger seat if the exhaust gives her a headache :? Maybe the IL Motorsports one from mx5parts is better, the reviews say around 20% louder than stock, so maybe that's enough. Might now wait until the car is out of warranty anyway, if I can be that patient....

The roads from Cawdor are great and we sometimes take that way home from Inverness. We love going to Pluscarden Abbey, it's very peacful and calming, and a lucky bonus is that the roads around it are great :wink: Not long after I got the car I went out at about 5pm on a Sunday onto those roads to find out how good the car really handled. Left my brain at home and removed my comon sense and fear glands, car was and still is better than I ever expected 8)

Will try to make the BBQ one, weather dependant of course :roll:
poing

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside