New Jaunt!!!!

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

Postby Gavin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:49 pm

Malcolm wrote:

"Just remember, They play that funny song on the banjo in Gardenstown, You know the song. It's spooky."

That'll be Duelling Bangoes then. As used in the film Deliverance.

Squeal like a piggy, boy :lol: :lol:
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: The Port of West Lothian

Postby Detritus » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:33 pm

I'll take my guitar. :lol:
Detritus
User avatar
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: CRAIGELLACHIE

Postby malcolm » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:48 pm

I'll shave my head and wear PaulDS's face.
malcolm
 

Postby rockdoc » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:51 pm

Now your scaring me..............dya mind if we leave the garage doors open?

da da ding ding ding da da ding ding
Image
PROJECT DR EVIL- OLD MODEL-NEW PARTS
Trackdog school of driving attendee! deer attack survivee
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php? ... =tis+begun
rockdoc
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:55 pm
Location: aberdeen

Postby PaulDS » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:54 pm

You might be taken seriously then :lol:

That'll be a first

FACE OFF !!!!! great film
PaulDS
 
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: Findochty

Postby Rugger » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:58 pm

1992 Mk1 eunos roadster.....gone to a new home
2006 Mk3 2.0 Sports

Founder member of PHD motor tractors association.
Rugger
User avatar
OC Member
Andy Wylie
MX-5 OC Club Member
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:53 am
Location: Peterhead

Postby malcolm » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:18 pm

That's the one.
malcolm
 

Postby poing » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:37 pm

Rugger wrote:Take care up there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK4hbmXWoPw :shock: :shock:


Totally LOVE that !

:oops:
Image
poing
User avatar
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:43 pm
Location: Lossiemouth

Postby Stevie » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi Colin.

Malcolm was spot on about just over 4hrs to Elgin. :wink:
If you or any other members want to meet up, What about Stirling Services at 0600. :shock: For a fun day out. :D :D
Stevie
User avatar
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:10 pm
Location: Paisley

Postby Rugger » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:20 pm

:lol: Try this one Poing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFh6IU4ukjo Mr Detritus..........have you a lunch venue and estimated eta.........if ma carpet fitters are finished in time I could take a run up and meet up.
1992 Mk1 eunos roadster.....gone to a new home
2006 Mk3 2.0 Sports

Founder member of PHD motor tractors association.
Rugger
User avatar
OC Member
Andy Wylie
MX-5 OC Club Member
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:53 am
Location: Peterhead

Postby Detritus » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:00 pm

Lunch venue.


Hmmmmmmm.

Inn at Gardenstown don't serve lunch at this time of the year. :roll:

Inn at Pennan don't answer their phones. :?

Best place I can find is in Macduff, check this link

http://www.waterfrontmacduff.co.uk/index.html

Enter the site and use the drop down menu at the top marked dining, choose sample menus, lunch.

They also have a car park.

My thoughts are lunch at Macduff then on to Pennan for a look. (This is where they filmed 'Local Hero' and is quite a famous village.) Then back along the coast roads to Elgin.

I should add, I don't know the small coastal roads so unless someone else can lead it could turn into a bit of a mystery tour at this point. :oops:

Should be fun though. :D

Any ideas, amendments gratefully received.
Detritus
User avatar
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: CRAIGELLACHIE

Postby poing » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:05 pm

Rugger wrote::lol: Try this one Poing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFh6IU4ukjo Mr Detritus..........have you a lunch venue and estimated eta.........if ma carpet fitters are finished in time I could take a run up and meet up.


I have that song on my mp3 player by that very band :oops:
Image
poing
User avatar
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:43 pm
Location: Lossiemouth

Postby Detritus » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:07 pm

Just been doing some quick measurements on the map.

Elgin - Macduff via craigellachie and Keith approximately 45 miles.

Macduff - Pennan approximately 10 miles.

Pennan - Elgin via coast roads very approximately 45 miles.

If we arrive at Macduff very early we could perhaps go on to Pennan first, then back to Macduff for lunch.
Detritus
User avatar
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: CRAIGELLACHIE

Postby Detritus » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:08 pm

poing wrote:
Rugger wrote::lol: Try this one Poing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFh6IU4ukjo Mr Detritus..........have you a lunch venue and estimated eta.........if ma carpet fitters are finished in time I could take a run up and meet up.


I have that song on my mp3 player by that very band :oops:


I've got it by Motorhead. :twisted:
Detritus
User avatar
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: CRAIGELLACHIE

Postby malcolm » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:09 pm

I'll have to fill up twice to do that run.
malcolm
 

Postby poing » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:09 pm

Detritus wrote:Lunch venue.


Hmmmmmmm.

Inn at Gardenstown don't serve lunch at this time of the year. :roll:

Inn at Pennan don't answer their phones. :?

Best place I can find is in Macduff, check this link

http://www.waterfrontmacduff.co.uk/index.html

Enter the site and use the drop down menu at the top marked dining, choose sample menus, lunch.

They also have a car park.

My thoughts are lunch at Macduff then on to Pennan for a look. (This is where they filmed 'Local Hero' and is quite a famous village.) Then back along the coast roads to Elgin.

I should add, I don't know the small coastal roads so unless someone else can lead it could turn into a bit of a mystery tour at this point. :oops:

Should be fun though. :D

Any ideas, amendments gratefully received.



That lunch menu looks fine to me, anywhere that does cullen skink is fine by me :D As for the coast road, a few of us probably know it and it's not really possible to get lost on it, and if we do it will be fun, unless we end up in the sea :shock:
Image
poing
User avatar
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:43 pm
Location: Lossiemouth

Postby Detritus » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:16 pm

At least you'll get clean wheels. :lol: :lol:
Detritus
User avatar
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: CRAIGELLACHIE

Postby poing » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:20 pm

But a rusty bottom :shock:
Image
poing
User avatar
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:43 pm
Location: Lossiemouth

Postby Detritus » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:21 pm

No comment. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Detritus
User avatar
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: CRAIGELLACHIE

Postby malcolm » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:28 pm

Poing, If your eating Cullen Skunk Your the last car, I hear it gives you fishy wind.
malcolm
 

PreviousNext

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron