Anyone else ?

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

Anyone else ?

Postby loftladderman » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:48 am

Does anyone else wake up after an hours kip and think ?
Shower, in car, hood down of course, and then take a blast somewhere ?

Well I have just had an hour, woke up at midnight and was wide awake, had a shower, checked my mails, and now................ I am off for a blast over to Ft William and back again in time for breakfast :-)
Hood down, great evening, and a 300 mile round trip of roads just waiting to be devoured :-)

Added at 06.20 Back again...what a drive !
Regards from Mack
Greddy Turbo :-)
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Postby Si » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:10 pm

Gawd, I've not done that for AGES! Last time I was in my old Renault Clio and went out for a drive. Didn't plan anything as such, but ended up in Carlisle (From Edinburgh). Not really all that far, but still, when you tell the girlfriend you're off for a drive she doesn't expect you to be 4 hours that late at night!

The only other semi impromptu run I've had was with Petrolhead and a few others. We headed up to Spittal of Glenshee but the roads were too "up and down" for a couple of the girls that were with their partners and they headed off home. The other guy that was with us hadn't checked his brake pads before he left and he was down to the bare metal .... tow truck home for him then!

Dave and I decided to continue on and ended up at Bridge of Dee I think it was. This was pre-supercharger for both of us but we still had a brilliant time and had some good sport with a Jaguar XK8 through the twisties.

The drive back was a bit tiresome as it had started to rain and we were both knackered. Still, it was a fantastic outing and one I'll definately never forget!

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Si

Postby loftladderman » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:30 pm

At my advanced age I have to take EVERY opportunity to have fun when I can :wink:
Never know when it may be my last run....LOL

I often do the Ft William run at "odd" hours when the Bobbies are in bed and so is most of the rest of Scotland :-)

I have the roads all to myself.

Take a flask, give Dax a run up the waters edge, chill out for ? an hour, then head on back again.... Great way to start a day, just driving for the sheer joy of it all :-)
Regards from Mack
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Postby Phil » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:49 pm

As I spent a lot of my working career at work during the night and other odd times my body seems to think that when it's dark it's kip time. :P

I give in to this and I really do need my beauty sleep. :D

Is it not just Dracula out at this time of night. :?
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby mike9jr » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:31 pm

I work funny shifts and often drop the roof on the way home in the dark. It is a wonderfully refreshing experience, even the wife likes it....... :roll:

I start at 6, so I'm roof down in the mornings too, excellent stuff.
What a great wee car! :lol:

Mike.
mike9jr
OC Member

Hell

Postby loftladderman » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:01 pm

NO ONE needs beauty sleep more than I do...trust me. LOL
I am only 25 and look 60 ! ha haaaaaaaaa
Regards from Mack
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Postby PaulDS » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:40 pm

At last I can come out of the clossett, what a releif! I thought I was the only one who goes off for early hour runs, I too wake up middle of the night, can't get back to sleep so up I get and off I go top down. There is something quite calming as refreshing driving topless during the dark hours. Mac, it must be our age!!!!!!! Good fun though, I'm sure some of the younger ones will laugh, but they don't know what they are missing.
Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Paul D-S

Postby loftladderman » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:49 am

Age ?
I am only 60 years young ! LOL

Why waste time sleeping when you sleep a long long time when you are dead !

I am so glad I am not the only nutter around these parts...LOL

As I intended servicing the white one today, (All 3 oils and filter) I took it out this morning instead of the Turbo.
Woke at around 02.00 :-(

Me and the dog then set out topless, for Tomintoul (Balandaloch).
I was in "meander" mode, and it was so relaxing for a change, instead of going balls out in the Greddy !
Took those roads across from Laurenckirk - B9120 / B974 / B976 / Wee bit A 93 / A939 / into Tomintoul. As this is the highest village in Scotland I expected it to be cold.
It wasn't !
136 mile round trip on lovely twisty roads.

Sat in the village square bit there sipping flasked coffee and nibbling on a Glengarry, while Dax weed on everything in sight ! LOL

Had the pleasure on the way back down from Tomintoul to experience a herd of deer crossing the road just in front of me.
I estimate the heard to be around 300 strong.
They were not timid and seemed as interested in the car as I was in them.
Unusual to see so many and they were not being human or dog herded either.
After they had crossed I jumped out with my torch to check the spoors.
Although obviously there was much new spoor there was no shortage of old ones either.
This must be a regular crossing point for them.
Sooooo as one does, I marked it on my gps in longitude and latitude and can now find it again when I wish to.

Whitey is now over the pit depositing it's lovely warm engine oil into a container :-)

I shall waken the ladies of the house up at 06.00 to do my breakfast, and then get out to whitey and do the filter and the other oils.
It IS a hard life BUT someone has it to do ! ha haaaaaaa
Regards from Mack
www.macksmx5s.com
www.loftladderman.com
loftladderman

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside