GRA/H&M/TAY/CEN - GTM Clubs Gathering

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

GRA/H&M/TAY/CEN - GTM Clubs Gathering

Postby IanH » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:56 pm

Grampian Transport Museum - Motor Clubs Initiative - Clubs Gathering.

Entry forms to be completed returned by April 21st with £10 entry fee (car, driver and one passenger). PM me if you don't have an entry form (or download from the link below) and wish to attend (IanH).

Spectators will be able to gain entry to the circuit and museum on the day.

http://www.gtm.org.uk/grampian-motor-clubs-initiative/

Please note your intention to attend on this event thread http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/events.php?event_id=841
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Re: GRA/H&M/TAY/CEN - GTM Clubs Gathering

Postby IanH » Fri May 02, 2014 12:13 am

I may have a pair of tickets to be on the field available as someone has unfortunately had to pull out, PM me with your membership details if you are interested in joining us for what should be a good day.

I'm overseas at the moment so may take a while to reply.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby Dax » Sun May 04, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi Ian
i will take these two tickets off you if you still have them ? i can pay you on the day if thats ok.Cheers Gav.
Dax

Postby IanH » Mon May 05, 2014 7:32 pm

Dax wrote:Hi Ian
i will take these two tickets off you if you still have them ? i can pay you on the day if thats ok.Cheers Gav.

Gav,

Sold! You're the only one who's asked so far :D

Where are you coming from? If you send me your address details by Personal Message I can arrange to post them to you Wednesday night first class, either that or an early meet up on Sunday as I want to be at GTM as early as we are allowed in.

Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Postby tjay » Tue May 06, 2014 12:42 am

Hi Ian, u back "in country" ? Have you any more details re what is the time scale for the gathering ? time on site, location ect !! Only info I have is that the GTM say is a "lunch time " event 12.00 - 2.30 !! (it's on there web site)
We (Tay5liders) are leaving at 9.15 going up via the cairn and stopping in Banchory for a cuppa and a roll,what is the earliest/latest time to be onsite ??
Looking forward to it, washed/polished my red Mk1 and my black Mk3 and will decided on Sunday morning which one to take with me, see you Sunday :D :D
Spoke with my niece tonight and might have my old black Classic with me, we have been busy getting cleaned and tidied for the show but she cant manage to attend.
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanH » Tue May 06, 2014 1:29 am

Tom,

I'm back on Wednesday so haven't seen what's in the pack they're sending out yet. I hope we can get on the site at a reasonable time, I'd like to park in age order if we can manage it, at least MK1 at the front then MK2 and MK3 derivatives. If we have an area open on all sides then we could arrange around the perimeter 1, 2, 3 etc.. Failing that let's just get in and parked and show off our cars :D

If we're bringing gazebos we can set them up at the back or middle depending on the site and weather...

Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Postby J80PPS » Tue May 06, 2014 7:46 pm

Looks like we have a row of cars, but in 2 sections, so probably best running in age format. Might actually be the best slot so hopefully everyone turns up to make the most of the prime spot on the bank nearest the museum. 10:30 is earliest we get in. I'll be staying locally on the Saturday so willing to help set up if needed.
Peter P Smith (J80 PPS / J800 PPS)

You can sleep in your car, but you canny race your hoos!
J80PPS
OC Member
Peter P Smith
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanH » Tue May 06, 2014 8:05 pm

J80PPS wrote:Looks like we have a row of cars, but in 2 sections, so probably best running in age format. Might actually be the best slot so hopefully everyone turns up to make the most of the prime spot on the bank nearest the museum. 10:30 is earliest we get in. I'll be staying locally on the Saturday so willing to help set up if needed.

Peter,

Thanks for forwarding that, I'm happy with the layout, as you say it may be the best spot on the field. We'll be aiming for 10:30 as well. I'm just getting on a plane home so will be offline for the next 15 hours plus then grumpy as anything for a day or two.... :lol:

Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Postby IanH » Thu May 08, 2014 9:31 am

Gav,

Can you contact me as requested if you still want these tickets?

All if I don't hear I'll make these available again if anyone else is looking.

Thanks
Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Postby IanH » Thu May 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Sorted.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside