GRA Spring Tech Day

Discussion about events organised by the three North of Scotland areas.
[Please do not cross-post]

GRA Spring Tech Day

Postby drumtochty » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:27 pm

MX5 Tech Day (Grampian) 26 April 2014 Drumtochty Glen, Aucheblae

There is now an MX5 Tech Day organised at Drumtochty Glen on Saturday, 26th April 2014 which is on the border of the Tayside and Grampian Area so we expect to see people from both groups.

First the Legal Bit

Work on Car at Your Own Risk

It must be stated that all work on your car is at your risk and neither Eddie Cairns or the MX5 Owners Club or its representatives and other club members have all risks insurance against any damage to your car. Nor are they technically competent to carry that risk. Therefore any damage to your person or property and any work done on your car and the use of the facilities at Drumtochty Glen on the day are your responsibility.

Directions

Directions will be emailed to those advising that they are attending nearer the time.

Tech Day

The reason for the Tech Day is to have a day on which simple jobs can be completed on your MX5 in the company of other enthusiasts, some with little technical knowledge and other who have more technical knowledge. Therefore exchanging knowledge across the membership.
Can attendees advise nearer the time if they want to have their car on the 2 Post Lift to examine the underside of their car?
Can attendees also advise nearer the time what other jobs they want to do on their cars so we can get some idea of timescale and what will be possible on each car?
You are more than welcome to attend if you just want to come along without getting your hands dirty or doing anything to your car.
For those more local, the garage will be available from 9:00 am but most people tend to turn up later, it’s up to you.

Food

Eddie's niece and her friend both good cooks and bakers will be doing the catering and we only ask for confirmed numbers attending and whether you are an meat eater or a vegie say by the 23rd April, we will supply the foods, Oh and it will not all be veggie stuff, the meat eaters can relax on that one.

Red Squirrels

We usually have four to six in the garden all year round but in the late summer 2013, a Pine Martin offed them all. There are now two back in residence and hopefully more by the end of April. We cannot guarantee you will see a Red Squirrel but you probably will if you look.

Other Tech Day

If you cannot make it on the day, we may have a second Tech Day at some other time later in the year if need be or you can pm Eddie if you would like to come along on your own at some other time and I will try to arrange that. The use of the lift and the other tools available make it a bit nicer than doing the work on the street.

Please sign up on the events section of the site

http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/events.php?event_id=880
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red Sold
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: GRA Spring Tech Day

Postby liathach » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:12 pm

Looking forward to it (if I'm allowed to join the party!!)
Liathach
liathach
OC Member
Malcolm Lamont

Postby drumtochty » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:35 pm

There's no show without Punch!

Aye and you know the way!

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanH » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Eddie,

I'd like to use the lift, get my engine tray off/dropped and replace my horn.

Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby drumtochty » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:48 pm

OK
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby tjay » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi Eddie, I would to love copy Ian and fit a nice new "Loud" horn to my car before we head to France. Will have a chat with you at our meeting on 15th :D
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanH » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:32 am

tjay wrote:Hi Eddie, I would to love copy Ian and fit a nice new "Loud" horn to my car before we head to France. Will have a chat with you at our meeting on 15th :D

Tom,

I've got a Stebel Nautilus Compact to go on.

Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby tjay » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:51 am

Hi, I almost sure that's what I have too !! in chrome finish (would go out to garage to have a look but it's 23.50!! ) so no go lol !! :D :D
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Gavin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 pm

When i fitted my chin spoiler and mesh grill I fitted twin Nautilus horns. Much better than the stupid 'peep' horns that Mazda fit.
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Highland & Moray, Grampian and Tayside