Delia Smiths Way Vs The Real Woman's Way

Post your jokes et al in here.
WARNING: Some users may find content in this forum offensive.

Postby hubba64 » Thu May 10, 2007 6:28 am

Delias way #1: Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.
The Real Women's Way: Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Gods sake, you're probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it anyway.

Delias way #2: To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
The Real Women's Way: Buy Smash and keep it in the cupboard for up to a year.

Delias way #3: When a cake recipe calls for flouring the tin, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.
The Real Women's Way: Go to the bakers. They'll even decorate it for you.

Delias way #4: If you accidentally over salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant "fix me up".
The Real Women's Way: If you over salt a dish while you're cooking, that's tough. Please recite with me The Real Women's motto: I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes.

Delias way #5: Wrap celery in foil when putting in the fridge and it will keep for weeks.
The Real Women's Way: Celery? Never heard of the stuff

Delias way #6: Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.
The Real Women's Way: The Fray Bentos pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust and so I don't do it.

Delias way #7: If you have a problem opening jars: Try using rubber gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
The Real Women's Way: Go ask the very gorgeous neighbour to do it.

Delias way #8: Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
The Real Women's Way: Leftover wine?

Delias way #9: When catering for an evening buffet, calculate food portions and timings a week in advance, so that you're not rushing on the night.
The Real Women's Way: Nip into Marks & Sparks on the way home that evening, and buy everything in packets.

Delias way #10:When you have finished the preparation for your buffet, wash up and treat yourself to a glass of wine.
The Real Women's Way: Hide the packets and drain the last of that "pre dinner" wine bottle...
hubba64

Return to Jokes and Humour