Hello from more 'newbies'!

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Hello from more 'newbies'!

Postby clynderboy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:25 pm

Hello to all our new friends! Well, Margaret and I have only had our '98 Mk1 for 3 weeks and despite some awful weather, are 'in love' with our Little Red Rooster! (We keep chickens...sorry!)

We don't have too much to do to the car but I'm sure we'll find things to make our 'mark' on it.

The only wee problem I MUST fix is the instrument lighting...there isn't any! I had hoped to find a dimmer that was turned right down but I'm sure there isn't one...anyone changed these bulbs and do you have to dismantle the car for access? :? Perhaps I should read all the tech topics first!

We're hoping to meet as many of you as possible, as soon as possible, especially around the Buckie area. :wink:

Cheers all.

John :D
clynderboy

Instrument lighting

Postby clynderboy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:48 pm

I'm suitably embarrassed! :oops: I've just found the post from Lowrider on the same topic, answered by Filgreen! That'll teach me!
John.
clynderboy

Postby PaulDS » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi John, look forward to meeting up and having a nose at your car. Annette told me you had been in touch with her.
Pop down to Findochty some time.
PaulDS

Postby clynderboy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:32 pm

Hi paul...

Good to hear from you! Yes, Annette told me you were the chap whose brains I should pick when it comes to technical matters! I had hoped to pop down to Findochty today but work got in the way (I have a small business servicing and repairing sewing machines and I needed to get two ready for tomorrow :roll: )

What is the best time of day to find you at home? Your car looks interesting...what version is it?

Take care.

John. :)
clynderboy

Postby PaulDS » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:03 am

[quote="clynderboy"]Hi paul...

Annette told me you were the chap whose brains I should pick when it comes to technical matters!

Not the case, I rely heavily on the guys on thiis and other sites for tech info and local garage to do the work, 'I know nothing' :P

What is the best time of day to find you at home? Your car looks interesting...what version is it?

Any evening, apart from this week I'm working away and next week away on holiday, but be home at weekend.

1.6 with some extras :wink:

Paul
PaulDS

Postby IanH » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 am

1.6 with some extras

Hiding your light under a bushel... some extras indeed :lol:

John,

We, as in some of the members of the North Scotland East (NSE) area of the MX-5 Owners Club will possibly be having a run up North a bit one evening next week for a poke of chips somewhere. If you were able to meet us that would be great, keep an eye on the forum for details.

Ian
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby Rostra » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:03 pm

clynderboy wrote:Hi paul...

I have a small business servicing and repairing sewing machines and I needed to get two ready for tomorrow

John. :)

Hmmmmm - interesting. PM on the way.

Welcome, by the way. We stay in Forres some of the time, so not too far away. 8)
Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light.
89 1.6, 90 1.6 - one for each foot.
Rostra

Postby clynderboy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 pm

Thanks Ian
We will watch out for news of a run some evening. I'm a wee bit of a wimp when it comes to being out too late though...my alarm goes off at 5.30am!! :cry:

Thanks to you too Angie and I hope we'll get a chance soon to meet. We're motorcyclists and are used to the camaraderie between us but only since having the wee MX5 have we noticed how many of these drivers wave to each other too...great fun! 8) I finish work at Kinloss at 16.30, so if you were around Forres then, I could delay going home in order to say 'hi'!

Cheers,
John. :D
clynderboy

Postby clynderboy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 pm

:)
clynderboy

Postby Rostra » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:44 am

Hi,

I'm back in Lanza till the middle of July (back on the 17th) but after that it would be great to meet up. Are you by any chance going to Motorvation in Alford on the 19th? There will be a bunch of us there as we have display space.

One way or another, see you sometime soon.

Angie
Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light.
89 1.6, 90 1.6 - one for each foot.
Rostra

Postby clynderboy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Yes Angie, we'll be at Alford on the 19th, so see you then!

John :D
clynderboy

Return to New Users