howdy doody

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

howdy doody

Postby brian0635 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:03 am

hi guys
ive been looking at getting a new car for a couple months now,
and im very interested in getting a mx5 ,ive been looking over the net.and there are so many different specs, im a bit lost as to what spec to go for.
i was wanting to spend about 2500.

i was looking at a black mx5 being sold on pistonheads

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/937888.htm

it seems to be a trade ad
does anyone know of this garage at all.

thanks
brian0635

Postby iainf » Tue May 12, 2009 1:20 am

Hi and welcome.

Goodwood come and go see them / him on Auto trader and Piston heads from time to time, I have tried speaking to them before and they were not too willing to budge on price though.

As long as you are happy with the condition, paperwork if any and you can find out when the timing belt was done last you are not going to go far wrong with what is being described there, for that kind of money

At that age and for that price as someone pointed out to me you are only buying the condition of what you see. By all accounts it is a well specced model and I am sure will bring you a lot of pleasure.

had you seen

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1031219.htm?
Iain Fleming
National Events | Branding, Press & PR | Merchandise www.mx5oc.co.uk/store
iainf
OC Member
Iain Fleming
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby iainf » Tue May 12, 2009 1:22 am

Double post
Last edited by iainf on Wed May 13, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iain Fleming
iainf
OC Member
Iain Fleming
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Gavin » Tue May 12, 2009 6:12 pm

Brian,
Welcome and good luck in your quest to get a good one.

Gavin
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby brian0635 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:59 pm

ty guys i have emailed both those ads waiting on a reply :)
brian0635

Postby Kenny & Karen » Thu May 14, 2009 12:19 am

Hi Brian,

Karen, my wife, and I bought our first '5' from Goodwood earlier this year. I found Steve to be very helpfull and a real pleasure to deal with. He was 100% honest with us, let us take the car for a test drive ourself, which I was surprised at. I was able to get a reduction in price, but to be fair I was'nt trying to be stupid and looking for a massive discount - so if your negotiations are reasonable !! he may well come and go.

He had a Black '5' in his garage at the time, stripped down doing work on a bearing if I remember correctly, and he had just replaced the hood in Tan - so probably the same car. It was obvoiusly not really in a condition that we could seriously consider it, and The body work of the one we looked at was, for me a little sorer that the BRG we ended up taking. By that I mean there were a number of 'Supermarket dings' along the body, and a fairly large and deep scratch on the offside front wing/door. This may have been polished out by now. However, even in its state of disrepair it looked a real beauty. It was on Axle stands and I had good look underside - looked very clean to me, but then I am no expert.

If you are new to the world of '5', I would certainly take the trouble of giving Steve a visit. It is more of a hobby for him, and he will spend all day talking to you about them, if that is what you want, or feel would be helpfull. As for our purchase, yes we possibly could have paid less elsewhere, but having spent a lot of time in sales (in a previous life) fet very comfertable of Steve. The car has so far turned out to be everything he said it was, and we are absolutly over the moon with herr, and I have finaly realised one of my life,s ambitions.

Good luck with your hunt.
Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can Fly !
Kenny & Karen

Postby iainf » Thu May 14, 2009 12:27 am

Brian,

Think you could have not got a better recommendation.
The car he had that I was interested in so were a few others, probably why he would budge.

Good luck with the hunt, there's one out there for you.
Iain Fleming
iainf
OC Member
Iain Fleming
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to New Users