Finally!!

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Finally!!

Postby Neil T » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:28 pm

After about 20 years of waiting. 2 weeks ago I took the plunge and laid out a deposit on a '96 1.8 Eunos Roadster in British racing green. I picked it up yesterday and havn't stopped grining yet!!!
Neil T

Postby sarahlc » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:02 am

Hello & welcome
Any Pictures? :D
sarahlc
OC Member
Sarah Close
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Petrolhead » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:42 am

WOW!, 20 years?

What took you so long?

Bet you are gutted at how much enjoyment you've missed out on, lol.

Welcome. :D
Petrolhead

Postby Colin » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:37 am

Hi Neil, welcome to the forum. I won't say I hope you enjoy the MX-5 experience as it sounds as though you already are!

I'm the Area Coordinator for the Owners Club area covering your address. There is absolutely no need for you to join the Club to enjoy this forum but, if at some stage you're wondering about trying out an event with a view to joining up, then keep an eye on the North Scotland forum of this Web site. I'm sure the other areas would be pleased to see you too as we're not precious about that kind of thing!

Hope to meet you in due course.
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

car

Postby tjay » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi Neil and welcome from another new "old" member.I returned last month after 14 years.So enjoy your car keep on smiling and like Colin says we look forward to meeting you.Ps all my family stay in Monifieth, me i'm the black sheep i like downfield LOL !!
cheers,
Tom :D
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

black sheep?

Postby Neil T » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:32 pm

moved to monifieth almost 4 years ago after wait for it 15 years in downfield! i'm the black sheep for moving out of town.

regards

Neil.
Neil T

Welcome

Postby jockmazza » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi Neil. I am glad you are in the area.
Please come on as many runs as possible so we can keep the ratio of British Racing Green Eunos TO Roadster Coupes as high as possible!
Is yours a V-special with Tan interior ?

On the subject of Downfield, my latest addition to the passenger seat is from Downfield... and she likes going fast ! (Colin - your good wishes came true).
Oh and loves the car - well she has no choice - it's the best roadster in the world.

Are you coming to the dinner on 4th march?

John
I love my MX5s!
jockmazza
OC Member
John Masterton

keep the ratio

Postby Neil T » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:27 pm

John
lifted this of a site someplace I think this is what I got:-
"The VR-Limited Combination 'B' is a hard-to-find alternative with those not taken by the tan leather interior of the VSpecial.
Only available in 1.8 manual."(I've got black leather interior)

:lol: Still :lol: grinning :lol: after:- :lol:
another 100kms today with no roof!!!!!! :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: !!!!!!!!!! :lol: !!!!!!!

don't know yet if I will make it on the 4th
Regards
Neil
Neil T

got it bad

Postby jockmazza » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:10 pm

Neil,

That sounds like a great combo.. BRG and Black Leather.... the V-Spec is an acquired taste.. but my bodywork is in such amazing condition that the inside doesn't really bother me.

You have really got it bad ! LOL
No surprise though. I test drove a white 4 speed manual years ago, then had my own red eunos, then it got smacked and written off. Then tested another white 5 speed.. it was a shed.. and dangerous.. then waited and got my BRG Eunos from a chap in Hull.. fantastic fantastic fantastic is the only way I can describe driving it up from Hull, having an overnight stay in a wee village where an old Navy buddy of mine lived... then driving up past the scene of the dambusters training ground.. then jedborough, etc.. just FANTASTIC top down fun...

So I understand.

There are tons of mx-5s around, I just wish they would join the club and see what a grand bunch we are in MX-5 Scotland - and come on the runs.

Take care and enjoy your VR Limited.

J
I love my MX5s!
jockmazza
OC Member
John Masterton

Postby Colin » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:19 pm

Neil, keep an eye on this event, our first of the new season, if you'd like to meet John, me and some other folk. Partners welcome!
Cheers
Colin
Maturity is greatly overrated
Colin
OC Member
Colin Stuart

Return to New Users