Ignorant? Oh yes!

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Postby scoop » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:49 pm

PaulDS wrote:
scoop wrote:I'm in the club, so to speak. I went to my local Mazda garage which is managed by my ex- husband and asked him to find me a new car. I was admiring the MX5 in the showroom (nice colour, etc, etc) when he said the immortal words - "YOU can't have that..........." He is a very good salesman.

Being your ex, he obviously knows you well :wink:

Yes, it would seem so. There's a lesson to be learned there I think. Damned reverse psychology, get's me every time.
scoop

Postby Kerrso » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:26 am

IanH wrote:Kerrso, we're (NSE) meeting your local tribe (NSS) next Sunday (20th) for Lunch if you have any stories about your local coordinator..... :lol: :lol:

Afraid I can't make this run (bereavement) but I'll save up the stories for the future and keep Colin quivering with nervousness!!!
"I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!"
Kerrso
OC Member
Alan Kerr
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Reaper » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:15 pm

Kerrso wrote:I'll save up the stories for the future and keep Colin quivering with nervousness!!!

Welcome Kerrso. My son goes to Colin's school and came on the run with me this time. He was SO disappointed you couldn't make it... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All our times have come...

Mk3.5 Silver 1.8
Reaper
OC Member
Alan Russell

Re: Ignorant? Oh yes!

Postby Angel_Wings » Tue May 06, 2008 7:09 pm

Kerrso wrote:Went to local garage last night to have a look at what they had - and bought an MX-5!!!
It's an 04 plate 1800cc, blue - and because I didn't have very much time, that's about all I know! No experience of the marque at all.
No doubt all the pooled experience of this forum will help me out... I hope so!
Anyway, nice to join all you people!

Welcome, from another newbie.

I went out in OH's new 7 seater week Saturday (he only picked it up the day before!). I was sooooo depressed, we went for lunch, came home and I told him I was going to buy a 2 seater sports car the next day. Sunday I got up early, he thought I was going to church! I said come on we are going to buy a sports car!! He thought I was kidding the day before :lol:

I looked at the renault megane, nah too big. So went over to the Mazda forecourt and looked at a red Mazda MX5 8.1i sport, but liked the arctic one the guy showed us, did the figures and went for a test drive. Meanwhile OH is having a heart attack and getting whiter / greyer in the face every minute.... He wanted to go home and do some research on convertibles/fuel consumption/road tax/insurance etc..... Nope I signed up and bought it.

It took him 3 months research to pick the "granniemobile" aka 7 seater!!.. spec/fuel consumption/road tax/insurance/length/width/height etc etc.....

We have the grandkids every 2nd weekend, so I wanted something for us 2 only, some fun....life is too short.

He is a happier bunny now :roll: Just as well, it would be lonely driving around on my own 8)

H
Aka - Boobie Bubble Brain

A bad attitude is like a flat tyre: you are not going to get anywhere in life until you change it.
Angel_Wings

Postby woulfgar » Tue May 06, 2008 7:13 pm

Good for you bring it along to the pub meet on the 22

oh and welcome to the club lol
woulfgar

Postby Kerrso » Fri May 09, 2008 9:14 am

Good for you! Determination to enjoy yourself is a great quality!
And I bet with the weather we've had this week you're thinking it's the best decision you ever made!
"I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!"
Kerrso
OC Member
Alan Kerr
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Ignorant? Oh yes!

Postby Robin » Fri May 09, 2008 9:56 am

Angel_Wings wrote:We have the grandkids every 2nd weekend, so I wanted something for us 2 only, some fun....life is too short.

My wife both thought & did more or less the same after a wee hurl with a certain Mr. Hunter. Like your style!
Robin

Previous

Return to New Users