Wanted to say hi!

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Postby -- » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:31 pm

Jo, if you & partner are going to lift the roof, don't forget to unplug the heated rear window first, if you have one. The connector plug is a wiggly wire behind the passenger's seat. Also, just belt & braces...apply wide strips of Masking Tape from the bolts onto the paintwork...about 18" will do. If the thing slips out out your hand and drops, better that than chipped paint.
Edited. Forgot this earlier. Best to have windows down too, lets you get a good grip either side, and it may need a good wiggling to unstick the rubber seals...mine did. (Behave boys) :x
PS.
I am first dibs for a run in the Jag! :lol:
Last edited by -- on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
--

Postby Baron von Ripper » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:44 pm

i kno ppl like to keep it all original

He means ME !!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kool....mines might look standard, but its how you drive it that counts !!!!!
Sideways :lol: 8) :lol:

Welcome Jo.......definately the right choice
JAG club meets....i think its the first WED of each month in a hotel in Rutherglen, or something......I lined up an XKR (old one - £20k).....
....ended up with my second MX-5, the Mk3 and never loooked back
Its a year old this week and i've done 23,000 miles - bankrupt if i done that in a 4.0l supercharged JAG.

(between you and me Jo, love the MX-5 but was having the JAG until the MRS said she would divorce me if i bought it......i believed her and bottled it !!!!!!
Not told her....I'm looking for a BMW 840 now....ssshhhhh :wink: )
Baron von Ripper

Postby Adrenaline » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:27 pm

Hi there, welcome :)
Adrenaline

Postby PaulDS » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:40 pm

Hi Jo M,
It's great to welcome another newby :D and a woman at that 8) .
We have some classy ladies in the club :oops: (pardon the pun).
Great drivers and knowledgeable about their cars too.
Annette whom I work with and lives not far from me has fitted all sorts of goodies to her car, including grill, style bar and lots and lots of bling. :roll:
She is also going for a track day in prep for the knockhill club night :P
Look forward to seeing pictures of your car.
Not really interested in the jag :wink:
PaulDS

Postby koolchef » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:20 am

Baron von Ripper wrote:

SIDEWAYS! aint no other way to drive round a roundabout! also known as drifting!
top marks mate!

-off the subject while its in my head - there was a bloke called richard at the pub meet in stirling didnt have a clue about his mx5 - whats his user name? cheers!
koolchef

Postby -- » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:28 am

koolchef wrote:
Baron von Ripper wrote:

SIDEWAYS! aint no other way to drive round a roundabout! also known as drifting!
top marks mate!

-off the subject while its in my head - there was a bloke called richard at the pub meet in stirling didnt have a clue about his mx5 - whats his user name? cheers!

That would have been RichardN, Koolchef. Another "Newbie" :wink:
--

Postby The Pram » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:33 am

Hi Jo. Hope you are finding the club good fun so far. When Paul said we have some classy ladies in the club he could'nt have meant me, so hello :wink:
I don't know too much about 5's (ok, I know nothing) but I am friendly with the owners of a Jag garage here in Aberdeen. They have been in the business for decades and used to run the owners club from the 50's on.
Don't know what sort of Jag garages you have in Glasgow but the boys here would surely help you out.
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram

Postby Jo M » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:16 pm

Thanks again for all the great welcomes and advice. Know what you mean about the you lot being friendlier than the Jag lot, would imagine that most XK8 owners are CEO's etc (they're the only ones who could afford to run them!). Wesscott1 Bearsden is easy to find, just keep on the M8 towards the airport and come off at the Clyde Tunnel exit which if you have the top down will give you the thrill mentioned in a previous posting (I go through the Tunnel every day and once went through, heard this roar thought it was an earthquake and this Ferrari came along side me, never heard a noise like it!). Go through the Tunnel, straight road through Anniesland Cross and over the Switchback to the Canniesburn roundabout and that's you in Bearsden (5 mins from the tunnel). I live near the Sufferin' General Hospital at the other side of the tunnel. My brother managed to put the grill on yesterday (in the pouring rain, God love him) so getting there. Regarding the hard top, when I bought it I asked the dealer to take the top off so I could see the state of the soft top (that's why I know it has tide marks on it). Afterwards I wondered why the back window was steaming up all the time, the idiots hadn't bothered to connect the heated screen thing back on. Have tried to connect it up again but seems impossible to do with the roof on so putting up with it for now. Regarding my Boxer, he's not the slavering type apart from when he spots a bitch he fancies (like most men I've known!). By the way, the Jag has a huge 4.2 litre gas guzzling engine and mines being 1.8 I thought there would be a huge difference in insurance but his is only £200 more than mines (and he's on my insurance as well, 9 points on his license!) Def agree the 5 is a joy to drive and can't keep the smile off my face. Does anyone else do this or is it just me - I keep looking out the window at it, not looking for anything, just looking, never been like that with any of my other cars. Then I do a mad polishing thing at all times of the day when I see a mark (my old Clio sat for a year without being washed!). Oh the joy!
2003 Silver 1.8i MX-5 Navy Hardtop - Hardtop in shed yeahhh!!
Jo M

Postby Wesly » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:22 pm

thanking you! will keep an eye out on my way up for the tunnel :)

dont worry i stare out of the window at my 5 too ... were all sad :lol:
No more Mx5... but the MR2 is a beast and a half!

Performance over Chrome!!!!
Wesly

Postby Detritus » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:55 pm

Can't see mine from the house. Keep going out to check it's ok though. :D
Detritus

Postby Markyboy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:43 pm

Welcome Jo :D

I find myself looking out the window too.
We all do it, just not all of us admit it!

:D
'92 BRG Roadster V-Spec - first 5 and loving it! :D
Markyboy

Previous

Return to New Users