Hi All

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Postby Detritus » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:31 am

malcolm wrote:You know how CRAIGELLACHIE is a huge place :P :P which end do you stay, and if you still work where, as I'm on the road all the time and I pass by the road end every day, I drive for Maynes Coaches and through the winter I do the school run Rothes to Aberlour.

You can see my house from the bridge. I'm in the old town on top of the hill by the school.
Detritus

Postby L111CHT » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:32 am

malcolm wrote:You know how CRAIGELLACHIE is a huge place :P :P which end do you stay, and if you still work where, as I'm on the road all the time and I pass by the road end every day, I drive for Maynes Coaches and through the winter I do the school run Rothes to Aberlour.

school run? you must have the patience of a bloody saint :lol: love kids, couldn't eat a whole one though.
L111CHT

Postby malcolm » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:33 am

NO, I just turn the volume up so I can't hear them scream.
malcolm

Postby Detritus » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:34 am

Detritus wrote:

You can see my house from the bridge. I'm in the old town on top of the hill by the school.

My dad was a bus driver with stagecoach, he did school runs for a while. My heart goes out to you!!!
Detritus

Postby malcolm » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:37 am

Have a look at this and see if you are interested.

http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2477
malcolm

Postby Detritus » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:47 am

malcolm wrote:Have a look at this and see if you are interested.

http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2477

It sounds like a lot of fun. But as with most things that are enjoyable I'll have to ask the wifes permission.
Detritus

Finally

Postby Detritus » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:20 am

Finally managed to figure out how to post a pic of me car. Good innit?
Detritus

Re: Finally

Postby malcolm » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:05 am

Detritus wrote:Image

Finally managed to figure out how to post a pic of me car. Good innit?

You don't ask her permission,

you take her with you.
Last edited by malcolm on Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malcolm

Postby Rugger » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:36 am

Did you forget to put your teeth in this morning Malcolm.......... :shock: ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
1992 Mk1 eunos roadster.....gone to a new home
2006 Mk3 2.0 Sports

Founder member of PHD motor tractors association.
Rugger
OC Member
Andy Wylie
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby malcolm » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:20 pm

OOOPS
malcolm

Postby Skarecrow29 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:49 pm

Hi ricky and welcome,

I was up your qway on tuesday and wednesday was staying in the Aberlour hotel and visiting a subcontractor in Rothes so was through Craigellachie about 4 times over the couple of days (Would have been great to drive up in the 5 but had an Astra hire car)

Cheers
Skarecrow29

Postby PaulDS » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:52 pm

Detritus wrote:OK I went to the link and I'm now a member of the OC. How about meeting up for an orange juice somewhere in Moray? I can't wait to show off my little SILVER beauty.

Good to see your entering the spirit :twisted:
Looking forward to see you and your car :P
If you are up my way call in by, just send a PM and will look out for you.
PaulDS

Postby poing » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:14 pm

Welcome to the club Ricky :D

I live in Lossie and work in Aberlour so I pass you every day, not always in my mx5, depends what's at the front of the drive, that has been arranged for next week so that I get it 3 out of 5 days :D oh hang on, I have Friday off, hope it's sunny 8)

Malky, I have seen your buses about a billion times, I'll have to go look at your photo again and start looking at the drivers, I am bound to have seen you in the bus at some point. I think you guys do the Lossie school bus run as well :?: I'm well up for a red 5 photo shoot as long as I get a chance to wash it first, not normally a problem with good weather, but driving it is more fun :wink:
poing

Postby Detritus » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:22 pm

Skarecrow29 wrote:Hi ricky and welcome,

I was up your qway on tuesday and wednesday was staying in the Aberlour hotel and visiting a subcontractor in Rothes so was through Craigellachie about 4 times over the couple of days (Would have been great to drive up in the 5 but had an Astra hire car)

Cheers

Funny I came through your neck of the woods on Sunday. I bought the car in London on saturday, (Tis a scummy place) and drove it to Broadstairs, (Not quite as scummy) to show it off to some of the family I left behind when I moved. Left there at 8.15 Sunday am and arrived home at 8.15pm. Would have been quicker but got stuck in an awful traffic jam at the start of the A9. Sat still for an hour.
Detritus

Postby Detritus » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:27 pm

poing wrote:Welcome to the club Ricky :D

I live in Lossie and work in Aberlour so I pass you every day, not always in my mx5, depends what's at the front of the drive, that has been arranged for next week so that I get it 3 out of 5 days :D oh hang on, I have Friday off, hope it's sunny 8)

Malky, I have seen your buses about a billion times, I'll have to go look at your photo again and start looking at the drivers, I am bound to have seen you in the bus at some point. I think you guys do the Lossie school bus run as well :?: I'm well up for a red 5 photo shoot as long as I get a chance to wash it first, not normally a problem with good weather, but driving it is more fun :wink:

Hi
I've lived here since 1989 and didn't even know there was a printer in Aberlour!! See, never too old to learn new things.
Detritus

Postby Enjay » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi and welcome Ricky. Craigie Lacky eh? (as BBC travel announcers call it) Right in the heart of whisky country. Excellent!

Rugger wrote:do I need my passport to get into Buckie :? :?

Getting in isn't the problem. Just try getting out. ;)
Enjay

Postby poing » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:49 pm

There isn't a printers in Aberlour :lol:

I am a printer but for Walkers, which you will know about :? we have in-house printing and that's my job for my sins. It's not like a pro printers with big fancy machines, it's just high speed label printing. I spend most of my day doing the design of them, which is handy for someone who failed art at school :lol: Been there 10 years now :shock:

What brought you up to this part of the world, or is it more a who than a what ? Like me bringing my other half up here from Surrey.
poing

Postby Detritus » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:01 pm

poing wrote:
What brought you up to this part of the world, or is it more a who than a what ? Like me bringing my other half up here from Surrey.

My wife and I moved up in 1989 when we realised what a dump Ramsgate was. We wanted to live in the country side and this is as good as it gets.
Detritus

Postby The Pram » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:09 am

Grant country is always a good choice :wink:
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
2015 1.6 Sport Nav
The Pram

Postby the_frozen_penguin » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:13 am

Hi Ricky welcome, lovely looking car.
the_frozen_penguin

PreviousNext

Return to New Users