Newbie from. Dundee,

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Newbie from. Dundee,

Postby Gary66 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi guys and gals, newbie to the forum so be kind. Had a few mx5s over the years currently have a 98 mk2.
Looking to get a new soft top fitted as the current one has a couple of large tears in it that are beyond repair, I feel these take away from the look of the car which otherwise is pretty mint. Any one point me in the right direction of getting a new one fitted near Dundee? Had a wee look on YouTube but it's seems awfy complicated and think it would be beyond my skills which are virtually non existent. Cheers in advance
Gary66

Re: Newbie from. Dundee,

Postby IanH » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Gary66 wrote:Hi guys and gals, newbie to the forum so be kind. Had a few mx5s over the years currently have a 98 mk2.
Looking to get a new soft top fitted as the current one has a couple of large tears in it that are beyond repair, I feel these take away from the look of the car which otherwise is pretty mint. Any one point me in the right direction of getting a new one fitted near Dundee? Had a wee look on YouTube but it's seems awfy complicated and think it would be beyond my skills which are virtually non existent. Cheers in advance

Welcome along. General answer for hood fitting seems to be borders hoods, happy to be made aware if there is someone else closer at hand.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby drumtochty » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Just spoken to TJ who knows everyone on Dundee and he advises he knows no one locally. Therefore Borders Hoods but as a long shot try Dreadnought in Callander.

As they must have known a previous MX5 member Richard Nichol who did fit MX5 hoods in Callander.

https://www.dreadnoughtgarage.com/
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Enjay » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:16 am

drumtochty wrote:as a long shot try Dreadnought in Callander.

As they must have known a previous MX5 member Richard Nichol who did fit MX5 hoods in Callander.

Richard posted recently in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15038

I notice his location says "Now in Herefordshire"

He did do a very nice job though. He put a new hood on my Mk1 a few years back. He really knows his MX5s and was good chat too.
Enjay

Postby drumtochty » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:04 am

Yes he moved down south around 2013, he first moved down Cumbria way and then moved further down south.
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to New Users