Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Postby Fitzie » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi All,

Firstly, I'm not Scottish, I'm Irish... I hope that's OK with you members & moderators?! In saying that, I have wore a kilt in my time as an Irish dancer but, thats a long, long time ago and it's as Scottish as I've felt, barring being a Celt of course!!!! We (my son and I) have just bought our first Mx5 Mk1. It's a 1.6 Eunos that's been parked up for 2 years but, seems to be in relatively good mechanical order however, the paint & body work needs a lot of TLC. We are going to ready it mechanically i.e. brakes, tyres, some minor repair on the underside of the body for the MOT to see if all is OK or if we're dreaming!!! Hoping to be a contributor at some stage in some form but, for the moment, it will be take, take, take I'm afraid. Anyway, it looks to be a good forum with good contributors and for that I am thankful so, greetings from the west of Ireland and at some point, who knows, you might venture over here for one of your runs, when we can share a Guinness and enjoy some banter!
Fitzie

Re: Newbie

Postby DrewN » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi Fitzie,

Welcome to the forum, being Irish is not a problem - as long as you don't post in gaelic!!
We have just returned from a trip to Ireland - the Wild Atlantic Way around Donegal and beyond and had a great trip. We will need to wait until euro improves before we return and take you up on the guiness offer!!!
I hope you get the eunos up and running and through MOT.
I assume you are also registered on the national forum http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/Forum/ for further help and advice.
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Area Co-ordinator
3.75 Sport Graphite Coupe
DrewN
OC Member
Drew Ness
Central Scotland Coordinator

Postby Fitzie » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:08 am

DrewN wrote:Hi Fitzie,

Welcome to the forum, being Irish is not a problem - as long as you don't post in gaelic!!
We have just returned from a trip to Ireland - the Wild Atlantic Way around Donegal and beyond and had a great trip. We will need to wait until euro improves before we return and take you up on the guiness offer!!!
I hope you get the eunos up and running and through MOT.
I assume you are also registered on the national forum http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/Forum/ for further help and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fitzie

Postby Fitzie » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:14 am

Hi DrewN,

Thank you for your welcome. I haven't registered with the Mx5oc club but registered with the Mx5nutz this morning... Information is king though so, the more the better!

Look forward to your next trip to the Wild West of Ireland but, you need to venture to Galway, it's beautiful.... Or perhaps you did make it down that far?!

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome and with not too much work, do hope to get through the MOT (NCT in Ireland).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fitzie

Return to New Users