Just bought a Mk2 V-Spec

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Just bought a Mk2 V-Spec

Postby Brads » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:16 pm

Awritey folks.

Names Brads.

After owning a few Jap imports and wanting an MX5 I starting looking at Mk1`s, mainly through Steve at Goodwood.

Whilst browsing the bay, I came across a V-Spec Mk2 (the spec I wanted due to the green, with Tan, LSD, type 2 1.8 engine blah blah) on the bay.

Nipped down for a look, and bought it. Has been in the UK since 2001 (1999 model) and has done very little. Totally standard including 14" wheels, and is utterly solid. No rust, anywhere ! Chassis rails are solid, as are the arches and sills.

Done a deal including a hardtop which needs painted, but not badly, and a walnut dash trim kit ! :lol:

Anyhoo, have had it a week and love it, like learning to drive properly again after a long time since my last RWD (MG TF, utterly brilliant car)

At present I am having a 1983 beetle built for my missus` everyday car (new cars are dull I`ve discovered) so when funds allow, subtle changes will take place, nothing major, just a few niceties here and there, like suspension,, bracing, exhaust, decent head unit, and a bit of under hood detailing , waxoyling to death, the usual sorta stuff.

Whenever I but somit new, I usually join a relevant forum as they are a mine of info, and you meet the nicest people online ! dontcha ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right, am out at sea just now, busy busy, so must crack on.
Will stick up a few pics soon as well.

Catch yeh`s later.
Brads

Re: Just bought a Mk2 V-Spec

Postby Brads » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:26 am

Wow

Quiet here init.

Is the main forum (UK) any busier ?
Brads

Postby IanN » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi Brad welcome to the forum, sounds like you've got yourself a very nice car. The forum does have its busy times, recon everyone's out enjoying their cars as it is summer. Stick around it will be worth it, better still come along to a club event and show off your new pride and joy.

The national forum is much busier but not as personal, most of us use both.
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby Brads » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:25 am

No worries

Are all the events listed on here ? will have a root around.
Brads

Postby IanN » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:37 am

All the Scottish events are listed here: http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Return to New Users