Newbiy From Inverness

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Newbiy From Inverness

Postby AndyBlake » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:46 pm

Hellooooooo... and for the hard of hearing!!! HELLOOOO,

Right, so here is my story. Its not very exiting so if you want excitement and stuff, this post isn't for you. BOOM!! :D :lol:

I bought my Nevada spec 2003 MX5 about 2 months ago off a chap in Derby. It was on E-Bay for £1495 and looked great, so I hit the buy it now thing and then phoned him for the details, Yes Yes I know I did it the wrong way round, but I'm a bit impulsive, well actually I'm a lot impulsive.

So a week later it Arrived in Inverness (Thanks dad for going to Derby and driving an unknown car 500 miles). As it turns out it's a wee cracker. full service history for the 86500 miles. Cam belts changed at 54000 and it's wanted for nothing. The guy who serviced it had written in the book and given his phone number, Mmmmm... Och!! why not!! so after a long chat it turns out he owned the car for 8 years and it was his wife's car, He owned the garage that serviced it!!.

I had it fully checked due to it being left idle for two years. in fact It's only done 4000miles in the last four years and 86 miles since the last mot. It needed two new rear springs and rear discs/pads. It had a full service and I put a fresh MOT on it. all the work cost me around £500, So that's it then, a great condition Mk 2.5 limited edition 1.8 MX5 for less than 2 grand!! Awsome. :D

I have ordered a Stainless Exhaust system for it from the mx5parts web site which is fabby!! It should be here on Monday, More pics to follow.

My mates have bought an MR2 2001, and an MGF, so we have decided to have a few challenges over the summer. The first being a trip over to the western Isles for a long weekend. I have refused to let the mr2 owner use any of the boot space in my MX5, so I gues he will just be in the same clothes for the weekend then. That will serve him right for calling me names and general hairdresser jokes.
AndyBlake
OC Member
Andrew Blake
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Newbiy From Inverness

Postby IanN » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking car you have there, much better than an MGF or MR2 as your friends are about to find out :D
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Re: Newbiy From Inverness

Postby AndyBlake » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:58 am

So on Saturday because the sun was shining it would have been rude not to!!

So I moved the Audi and wheeked the roof down, My mate arrived in his MR2 and off we went for a wee scud!! The back roads up by Farr are perfect for these wee cars and then down to the Dorres Inn for a wee shandy.

I have to say that the MR2 is a blast to drive and is very quick. But it wont drift!! I tried to get the tail out and it just span me round!! Stupid thing has no feel for when its about to let go. Safe Safe Safe.... then it kills you!!

The MX5 on the other hand is prettier, more comfortable more practical, and makes me feel like a driving god when I get it drifting. What a car!! I had as much fun in the 5 as I do in this....

Or even this...

AndyBlake
OC Member
Andrew Blake
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to New Users